Alternatives to Nando's...?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Donza

Nando's is awesome! I am going out with a few mates to the Leeds on tonight.

Have not been for six months, and i'm already chomping at the bits.

But i was thinking are there any decent alternatives to Nando's?

Same value for money and food style (Spicy meat etc)

I went to Tampopo once and got food poisoning :( Never again!

What I always found with Nandos was the really small portions...I thought it was just the one round by me, but I went to another one a few hundred miles away and found it the same. Nice, but a slightly bigger portion would have been better.

Alternatives to Nando's...? NONE!

M&S Dinner for 2 = £10 (but just have all to yourself)

Dont matter, mate bailed out on me...

Idiot told me 10 mins ago. Now i have to cook for myself..:devil:

What I always found with Nandos was the really small portions...I thought it was just the one round by me, but I went to another one a few hundred miles away and found it the same. Nice, but a slightly bigger portion would have been better.

Their Jumbo Platter not enough? Have you got worms?:D :D

Dont matter, mate bailed out on me...

Idiot told me 10 mins ago. Now i have to cook for myself..:devil:
Hey you had mates when you first posted, now you're on your own, could give a man a complex that could.

Chiquito, not quite as good as Nando but very similar and cheaper, also one I like but Tapas is La Tasca, whatever floats your boat spicy food is my favourite. There is a fantastic Indian in Yorkshire Akbars believe they have 3 restaurants, Leeds, Bradford and Sheffield. The person that cooks your food serves it to your table first class food and first class service highly recommended

Chiquito, not quite as good as Nando but very similar and cheaper, also one I like but Tapas is La Tasca, whatever floats your boat spicy food is my favourite. There is a fantastic Indian in Yorkshire Akbars believe they have 3 restaurants, Leeds, Bradford and Sheffield. The person that cooks your food serves it to your table first class food and first class service highly recommended

lol..i'm on first name terms with the guy who owns Akbars in Bradford.

I was going to go there until my mate mentioned Nandos.

Akbars make great great food..

lol..i'm on first name terms with the guy who owns Akbars in Bradford.

I was going to go there until my mate mentioned Nandos.

Akbars make great great food..

I spend a fortune entertaining clients at Akbars in Bradford on Leeds road they never fail to Impress, great for business and networking clients always leave feeling special great place, give the guy my regards top man!

To anyone else reading this try it you will find no better Indain food in the UK( and that includes Mumtas for the West Yorks people out there) :)

I get 20% off @ Nandos :)

Wouldn't really class it as a proper restaurant obviously (pay up front, get your own drinks etc) but for a quick/inexpensive lunch or other meal when you're off out it works well, seems to be a fairly popular choice for most people (can't think of many people who won't eat there etc)

As far as Indian restaurants go, I obviously can't compare the many popular ones from the North, but we do have a fair amount of very nice ones down here in London as well. Had lunch here on friday:

http://www.brilliantrestaurant.com/

Was a great meal. Slightly more expensive than some places, but it was well worth it. Great food, great service - couldn't fault it :cool:

I'll definately be visiting again at some point :)

Will

If it's Indian you want there is this fantastic place in Southall... my father used to go there when he was a college student. It's now run by the son of the chap my father knew...

It's cheap, down-to-earth and no-frills... but the Bhuna lamb is to die for!

M.

There is a fantastic Indian in Yorkshire Akbars believe they have 3 restaurants, Leeds, Bradford and Sheffield.
They also have one in Manchester, Fyonn from this forum lives about two doors down from them and I've seen Mambo's car parked outside!

Agreed the place is great but it shouldn't be compared with Nandos; Nandos basically sells an expensive chicken sandwich.

They also have one in Manchester, Fyonn from this forum lives about two doors down from them and I've seen Mambo's car parked outside!

Agreed the place is great but it shouldn't be compared with Nandos; Nandos basically sells an expensive chicken sandwich.

Totally agree should not be compared with Nandos, I just went off on the spicy food thread as Donza had wetted my appetite, didn't know there was an Akbars in Manchester though, will have to look that one up, thanks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom