Alternatives to OE Wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StephenSJason

Car
C63 Supercharged
So, out I go to the car and flat tyre. I look over the wheel and it's not the tyre, another f***ing crack in the OE Ed 125 black multi spokes.

I'm sick of this now, this has happened on one of the newer wheels (all replaced originally under warranty due to cracks) so clearly new AMG wheels are made from some kind of putty as the car takes no hardship on the road.

Now question is, do I get it welded and hope it never goes again in another place (or any of the other wheels), or just bin them off for something aftermarket.
I'm leaning towards aftermarket, but I'm not in for an incredible amount of money to be honest, not now I've purchased a new house.

Any good suggestions?

I was thinking about these 507 reps although the rear is a little aggressive. The company is reputable, always been good to the BMW community so I can trust the quality.

http://www.cmwheels.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=62_362&product_id=942

Alternately he does Ed 125 wheel reps in correct offsets but drawback of both is now AMG stamp on the outer lip.

I could go for a new style altogether mind, maybe tie it in with a little lowering.

Last edited:

I'd like to stay with 19" as 18" seem a little lost in the arches. The ride comfort never bothered me, I'd just like wheels that don't crack for no good reason.

Buy some proper aftermarket forged wheels from a decent manufacturer like BBS. AMG wheels are both expensive and crap frankly!

Standard tyres, 235/40/19 front and 255/35/19 rear. I'd love BBS but the house is wiping me out at the moment, this £3k wheels aren't an option.

I'm happy with original 18s no cracking and good ride. Less pot hole evasion required too and cheaper tyres!!

Hello lads. I've found some wheels to retire my multi-spokes with. Do I have to worry about TPMS or anything (2012 coupe)?

Just to add, buying the likes of BBS's etc allows you to sell them on for a reasonable return on the initial expenditure, unlike cheapo/poor quality wheels which are sometimes difficult to give away. Of course in doing the above you'll need to keep the originals.

Unless there's a reason why I shouldn't, I've picked some ADV1's. It was between those or HRE, but I had the P40 on my BMW so fancy a change as I keep swaying back to them.i like the look of the Velos VII too but I don't know much about the company/quality, albeit forged alu.

Last edited:
For me it's the ADV10 TF

The ADV15R to be different (not gold though)

Or I do like the Velos VII

...then there's these. What are they?

15 r's are different and think would look good in a colour other than gold but a little to concept if you know what I mean. The velos look the best in my oppinion but at the same time a little bmw csl looking. Also all the cars are lowered in the pics witch makes the look a lot better.

The ADV R15 get my vote.....in gold too! Think they look good on black. I was always under the impression ADV and HRE wheels were waaaaaaay more expensive than BBS??

They are very expensive, you're right but I can't find anything that isn't forged that I like so far. I like BBS on BMW and VW but not a fan of the CH for example on the W204. What other BBS come in C63 friendly offsets? That seems to be the main issue, most aftermarket wheels are aggressive at the back.

Some Vossen wheels look good but I'm not sure if they are particularly light, strong or any good, period. Trouble is, now I've seen the ADV's, I'm talking myself into a horrendous bill.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom