Alternator belt tensioner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuz1070

Car
2009 c class cdi sport
I have just had my alternate belt tensioner replaced.the garage said the part is £119 and charged me a total of £180 fitting it..could some one tell me is this about right or have I been ripped off..I've seen the part on euro car parts for £50

What car you have got ?
Did they use a genuine Mercedes part or aftermarket?

2009 c class 220 cdi sport 2.2..dont know if its genuine or not just let the garage do it

OP. Do you possess a trolley jack,axle stands, tools to do the job , workshop/drive space..and the knowledge ?...If so , yes you have been ripped off. If, on the other hand you have none of the above I would say the cost sounds a little high to me but not extortionate.

The job is done , you have paid the bill, one less thing to worry about. Welcome along :thumb:

Reactions: Ted
Need to know what car it is buddy tbh, Welcome to the forum btw

^^^ That's OK , you have an 11 year old Mercedes Benz, get used to replacing the odd part now and again..but ask here first before you pay for any parts/work . Post your VIN number on here and someone will tell exactly what you are driving , armed with that information you can ask any question you like on here .."There are no such thing as stupid questions..only stupid answers".

Just don't stick an AMG badge on it..if you do..all bets are off. :banana:

2009 c class 220 cdi sport 2.2..looks like I've got to replace the thermostat to

Theres couple of different ones depending on engine code and "Stop start or not" but only one for the om646.811 We Would supply a Gates T38415, We retail these at £46.80.

The om651 has 3 different versions, Prices from £46.80 to £91.76

Baring in mind the Garage has overheads, tools, labour rate, vat and also to warrant the part and labour it may not be that far off imho.

Theres couple of different ones depending on engine code and "Stop start or not" but only one for the om646.811 We Would supply a Gates T38415, We retail these at £46.80.

The om651 has 3 different versions, Prices from £46.80 to £91.76

Baring in mind the Garage has overheads, tools, labour rate, vat and also to warrant the part and labour it may not be that far off

Cheers guys..I'm assuming it the thermostat..when am driving the temperature doesnt go above 40 degrees but idling in traffic goes up to between 80 and 90 degrees..

Cheers guys..I'm assuming it the thermostat..when am driving the temperature doesnt go above 40 degrees but idling in traffic goes up to between 80 and 90 degrees..
That's a strong contender for a thermostat failure

Yes definitely thermostat
It's around 22 quid and very easy fo fit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom