Alternator Pulley Removal Tool LOAN ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Danny DeVito

Car
V220 CDI
I wondered if anyone has one of these tools to loan me ? I will pay postage both ways . Its for my 638 alternator :dk: Thanks anyone

BTW they are often VERY VERY tight. I have broken my tool on a 638 twice now.

I think you maybe lucky to find someone that will lend it to you.

Would you mind terribly to check how much postage to kildare ireland is please ? I can pay you postage through paypal maybe. I'd be very grateful of course.

I had the bearings and rings done this year so i hope the pulley will open a bit easier

BTW they are often VERY VERY tight. I have broken my tool on a 638 twice now.

I think you maybe lucky to find someone that will lend it to you.

I feel LUCKY !!:bannana:

£20 is over €25 if it costs less than that all the better, and if i had £20 i'd buy myself one. p.s. all donations gratefully accepted. :eek:)

Danny, I have sent you a PM

I wonder if anyone could check epc to see if this would fit my car ???
A611 155 02 15

My car V220 2000 638294 120Amp alternator

£20 is over €25 if it costs less than that all the better, and if i had £20 i'd buy myself one. p.s. all donations gratefully accepted. :eek:)

Just bear in mind that if it does break while in your possesion it will cost you 2 way postage PLUS the cost of buying the owner a new tool (of course).

I personally wouldnt take that risk and, instead, buy myself a new tool.

As I am the person lending the tool, the risk is all mine. It only cost me £20, which is a lot less than it would have cost me to get a pulley fitted in a garage. I consider that it has already paid for itself. I will likely never need it again. I am happy that someone else gets use out of it. Of course I would prefer to get it back, but if it gets broken, its not the end of the world. I would not press for a replacement.

if you still want it Danny, I am happy to send it.

As I am the person lending the tool, the risk is all mine. It only cost me £20, which is a lot less than it would have cost me to get a pulley fitted in a garage. I consider that it has already paid for itself. I will likely never need it again. I am happy that someone else gets use out of it. Of course I would prefer to get it back, but if it gets broken, its not the end of the world. I would not press for a replacement.

if you still want it Danny, I am happy to send it.

I guess it all comes down to the integrity of the individual, if i borrowed a tool from someone who kindly loaned it to me, without charge, and then i broke it, i just cannot imagine myself sending it back, in pieces, accompanied only with a 'thank you' note......... :eek:

For what its worth, i replaced my pulley without the 'special' tool........Because the free-wheel pulley had seized (as is mostly the case when these fail) , i was able to hold the alternator pulley stationary with a large pair of stilsons and simply undo the pulley centre bolt using a standard 'splined' socket.

For what its worth, i replaced my pulley without the 'special' tool........Because the free-wheel pulley had seized (as is mostly the case when these fail) , i was able to hold the alternator pulley stationary with a large pair of stilsons and simply undo the pulley centre bolt using a standard 'splined' socket.

Another option would be to drill the bearing and screw in a self tapper.

What about ensuring it is tight when fitting the new pulley?

I refitted the new pulley with the centre bolt only hand tight, i then refitted the alternator belt, once the belt was fitted it held the pulley adequately enough to allow me to tighten the centre bolt to a torque that i was satisfied with (the non-freewheel direction)....this was a few years ago and its been fine since.

Just bear in mind that if it does break while in your possesion it will cost you 2 way postage PLUS the cost of buying the owner a new tool (of course).

I personally wouldnt take that risk and, instead, buy myself a new tool.

I'm not sure why you would be posting it back if it's broken. Here is what i think.. I pay postage to me. I break it, i reimburse Duncan. Then i am stuck with no tool.

If i buy a new one i pay postage plus price of a new one. If i break it i am still stuck only it's cost a few more euro.

Think about the fact that it's the kind of tool that would rarely be used again, not by Duncan and hopefully i'll only ever need it once.

Apparently it will fit a 638294.

I am finding it a bit difficult to figure out which pulley fits my car. Ebay have a pulley listed for V220 but GSF have two pulleys listed and all three show different sizes.

Another option would be to drill the bearing and screw in a self tapper.

Do you mean drill between ball cage ?

My pulley hasn't seized yet, the belt is hopping and making a racket

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom