Alternator Replacement 1990 300TE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peterdon

Car
MY1990 300TE-24, MY2006 Saab 9-3 Aero Conv. MGTF160
I am about to replace the alternator on my 300 TE-24.

How easy/difficult is it to get off (and on again!)? Anything I should know before I get stuck in tomorrow? Any advice welcomed.

TIA

Peter

Doesn't anybody know?

Do I need to take it out downwards - does the radiator have to be taken out first?

I need to remove it to let Mercman have pics of it so he can supply me with the correct relacement. He is being great with help, I don't want to appear ungrateful.

Help please!!

Hi Peter,

I've never had to remove an alternator from a 300-24 before, but I assume it'll be fairly straightforward. Find the tensioner for the poly V-belt and wind it back to release the belt (usually a hex-head (allen) socket needed). Once the belt is clear there's usually a couple of large bolts holding the alternator in place. Disconnect the electrical connections and that should be about it.

Can't advise the best way to take it out though - I suspect through underneath might work though.

No doubt others have done this on your model before - I can't suggest what else might need removing having nothing else to go on at present, if there isn't room because of the radiator being in place then maybe you need to decide if that will have to come out first :)

Will

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom