alternator

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markheaney2

Car
mercedes s350 cdi 2010
hi there i have just been recovered with the breakdown service because the alternator is not charging it is the one with the water jacket running around it i have removed the alternator people have talked about fitting a new brush pack to their alternators but i cant find anywhere that a pack would bolt to has anyone had any experience of this kind of alternator thank you

markheaney2 said:
hi there i have just been recovered with the breakdown service because the alternator is not charging it is the one with the water jacket running around it i have removed the alternator people have talked about fitting a new brush pack to their alternators but i cant find anywhere that a pack would bolt to has anyone had any experience of this kind of alternator thank you

I'm not sure you can with this type. Don't forget to replace the seal where the alternator meets the block. If you don't it will leak.

hi thanks for the reply yes i will change the seal so this type have no regulator and brush pack its all built in

found one fully reconditioned from the alternatorman £160 includes postage and vat 1 years warranty and includes vat he is in portsmouth maybe colin knows him

Last edited:
Who is Colin?

mbs southampton

Had one reconditioned the other day for a ml, the regulator is encased in the front part (pulley end) will need splitting and re bonding.

found one fully reconditioned from the alternatorman £160 includes postage and vat 1 years warranty and includes vat he is in portsmouth maybe colin knows him

i can vouch for alternator man,my ml alternator fell apart rang him 2pm ish and it was at my door 10 am following morning,even collected the old one at same time,ive had a starter motor from him aswell for wifes megane,

he sounded like he knew the exact model because its the weekend i wont get it till tuesday i nearly had to dismantle the car to get to all the bolts on the alternator but it is the original alternator and the car has done 220000 a good innings i think

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom