Alternator

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DrNick

MB Enthusiast
Car
SL500
Where is the best place to get a reconditioned alternator from (W210 E300TD)
The bearings in mine have been squeaking when cold for a while and today the battery charge warning came on. (Didn't do it again, but the writings on the wall!)
Eurocarparts seem excessive.

Nick

Try GSF car parts. Here is thier URL=http://www.gsfcarparts.com/.
I think the alternator you require is £115+vat exchange.

Good Luck

Just get the parts from an alternator reconditioners. Bearings are about £3 each and brushes are normally thrown in. If it needs a regulator pack you are looking at £20.

Look in the Yellow Pages for reconditioners.

Hi DieselMan

Quick question,the battery charge light came on me E300TD A/Garde, 99 model Pre facelift.

Then the BAS, and the SRS lights came on.

It went dead the whole car, got it jump started, drove it home.lights on dash going dim.

Do u think it needs a new battery or alternator?

thanks Humbug

Hi

It could be the free wheeling pulley on your alternator or the brushes or regulator.

BAS and SRS will come on for low voltage. Battery doesnt last long in these cars when they are not charging. So many things to drain the battery at this time of the year, heated mirrors, lights, fan, wipers, heater circulating pump etc etc

Last edited:
The free wheel was only fitted to the following engines by my records

engine 613 in the 220, 628 in the 220.
628 in the 463
628 in the 163
646 in the 211
646 in the 463
647 in the 463
648 in the 211

Hi

Your records are wrong.

:) thankyou members for replying to the thread.

Got it sorted it was the alternator, and got it reconditioned and fitted for £90 including labour etc. with 1 yrs guarantee.

Also had the pulley replaced costs £40, as it was weak, so best advice have the 2 things done at once, save on labour costs etc , by the way was told just to have pulley done wld be £70.

Better than paying a fortune at thedealers lol!!!

cheers members

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom