aluminum pressed number plates

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BIG_G_1979

Car
E280 CDI SPORT
Hi guys thinking of getting a set of aluminium pressed number plates but before I order I want to know if any of u guys have a set of their merc? I want to know if its ok to bend the front plate to suit the pointy nose of my w211 thanks in advance

Ebay # 321445320196

Last edited:
I think they are illegal..did you realise?

I got a set for mine a while ago, different supplier but the plates look similar.

Yes the plate will bend slightly but it's possibly this curve which has caused the white backing material to slightly de-laminate on mine. It's not too bad yet, and doesn't seem to be getting worse, though it won't mend itself so I'll probably end up throwing a bit of something sticky down in the gap. Technical me. :D

Hi yes these plates are 100% legal, thanks for the advice regarding the splitting issue have u any pics of yours fitted? Thanks

BIG_G_1979 said:
Hi yes these plates are 100% legal, thanks for the advice regarding the splitting issue have u any pics of yours fitted? Thanks

If they are made of metal they are illegal as metal or coated metal does not conform to the BS material of construction for UK plates

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

only on cars registered pre 1972 where it was used placing them on later models u can be stopped

Hi flango thanks foenthe headsup the plates im looking at are aluminium ones which have 3m reflective material on them to which seller has been authorised by vosa as legal to which will pass mot etc

I think you might find non are legal

Ok guys thanks for ur comments I have asked my local police to confirm thier stance on this and have provided them with advert etc

BIG_G_1979 said:
Hi flango thanks foenthe headsup the plates im looking at are aluminium ones which have 3m reflective material on them to which seller has been authorised by vosa as legal to which will pass mot etc

It's not the mot that's the problem it's the material of construction if that is anything other than plastic (in its various forms) around here you will get nicked as I was in the post I linked to

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Yep thats the very ones I started this thread about I too have wurth holders on mine lol any pics mate? Front and rear cheers

Will post some tomorrow……..it is raining stair rods at the minute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom