Always a pleasure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LESTAYLOR

Car
W210 E320CDI 7 seater Estate, 2004 SL55 with F1 performance pack and a 1985 Mercedes 508D self conve
We drove down to Devon for Christmas and yet again I encountered the pleasure of driving my Mercedes. I know my car is getting on for 11years old and I paid just over £3000 for her, but she always pleases me when she is going well. For me the cost of maintaining the car is part and parcel of ownership. I have to deal with it. :dk:
However, going back to driving her; Reading an average 60mph which in real terms was around 70 with the occasional sprint to 95 :D to pass some ditherers, :p and allowing for the up hill and down dale country driving, the old girl gave me 520 miles before going into the red. :D When cruising on the motorway with the occasional smooth bit of tarmac the car was silent. I would never have imagined a Diesel to be so quiet. I even turned off the radio just to hear nothing at 70mph :eek:
I suppose the point I am trying to make. My Mercedes always brings a smile to my face; she surprises me with the power when needed and the pleasure that comes with driving quality even 11 year old quality. I can only imagine that owning a brand new Mercedes is pleasure personified.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom