Am I asking too much for it??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Adriano`s wall did you say,what about it :D

One's view of the wall rather depends from which cardinal point one views it..:D

find the mistake myself (if I can of course)

That's what I mean. There might be stuff your getting wrong and never know.

I've learnt a few bits but if no one or no software (like Word / Outlook) pointed it out - I would never know because I thought my spelling was right.

I am entirely with Borys on this.

Speaking other languages seem to be an English phobia and I've often wondered if it's related to the intolerance they exhibit to those whose expression is not perfect.

I agree with you. I have the utmost respect for those who do not use English as a first language and learn English and other languages.

Whilst it is not efficient to learn every other language if English is your first language, as non-English speakers do a good job of English usually, I would never be critical of the standard of English - although I don't believe there was any intention to offend here.

I used to have a good friend at Uni who welcomed me correcting any poor English so he could learn.

So guys,
After disscusing all with my other half, taking your advises in considiration car is withdrawn from sale.
I've got my competition set for 19th of August, I will focus on that for now.
Also my dream is to owe w221, I've got half of the money saved for it at the moment.
As it is my birthday 2morrow my misses said - you will keep w140 and I will come up with the other half by the end of the year.
Best solution for me. Where I will find another one like her? I'm the luckiest boy on Earth LOL.
Thanx again guys !!!

Read that on your advert on the last BM you had on ebay

Oh of course! that's why I sold it in 3 days :rolleyes:

If you read it properly though it said I was taking a job and moving abroad... I don't have a 'back home' because i was born here :D :p

edit: But i'll let you off cuz english is your second language ! :p :D

So guys,
After disscusing all with my other half, taking your advises in considiration car is withdrawn from sale.

I would sell the W140 even if you achieve less than you want as it will still devalue further and will eventually get in the way once you have another S-class, or did you mean you will keep it until you have another S-class?

Untill I will get the next S class, then whatever it bring or will p/x. It won't bother me then as my dream will come true :)

So guys,
I've got my competition set for 19th of August, I will focus on that for now.
Also my dream is to owe w221, I've got half of the money saved for it at the moment.
As it is my birthday 2morrow my misses said - you will keep w140 and I will come up with the other half by the end of the year.
Best solution for me. Where I will find another one like her? I'm the luckiest boy on Earth LOL.
Thanx again guys !!!

Hey man that's good news, i'm sure its a nice car (I loved my old V8's even though they weren't worth very much money!)

And i'm sure it won't depreciate in value less than it already is DM.. if he looks after it i don't see him having a problem to sell as long as its the right price

Oh of course! that's why I sold it in 3 days :rolleyes:

If you read it properly though it said I was taking a job and moving abroad... I don't have a 'back home' because i was born here :D :p

edit: But i'll let you off cuz english is your second language ! :p :D

No ,said just like I stated above.Selling due to going back home,it said nothing about any job of any kind

No back home :rolleyes: are you sure http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/ot-off-topic-forums/71940-egypt.html?highlight=egypt ;)

You might be born here but don`t fall victim of your own words :p:p

No ,said just like I stated above.Selling due to going back home,it said nothing about any job of any kind

No back home :rolleyes: are you sure http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/ot-off-topic-forums/71940-egypt.html?highlight=egypt ;)

You might be born here but don`t fall victim of your own words :p:p

I'm well aware that my parents are Egyptian, thanks for the reminder, but i'm almost certain i wouldn't call it 'back home' in the advert because even when I go there they call me a foreigner lol :D

Last edited:
You know what let's make it simple why some one of kind buyers come around and I will pay them 500 quid to take the car away.
Thanx for your input as usuall it is valuable as GOLD lol

From your ebay feedback looks like the Dunlop tyres are second hand bought from ebay, Jan, Feb and March 2012, so that sounds like value for your money

I`m not doing so,I`d rather re-read it and find the mistake myself (if I can of course)

Well on the first word you don't need a space after the apostrophe, it is "I'd" not "I' d" and then after the comma you do need a space and again not after the apostrophe, so it is ".....doing so, I'd rather...." instead of "....doing so,I`d rather....".

And finally, at the end of the sentence you still need a full stop even after a closed bracket.
So....."......and find the mistake myself (if I can of course)." rather than ".........and find the mistake myself (if I can of course)".

But apart from that, perfect! :p

that`s alright than. :D:D

That's alright then! :thumb::)

Spellcheckers, eh? Some wouldn't pick up on correctly spelt words out of context, and I've noticed since using Chrome, it highlights incorrect spelling that is, in fact, correct. Alright, for example. :doh:

School Kid thanx
I apologise for my grammar it is weak.My first L is Polish.
Let me ask all of you how many languages you speak......English?
I speak English,German,Spanish and understand most of Russian,Ukrainian and Slovakian.
I would always give a big credit to any one who made their way abroad,specially in country with different language.
I appriaciate your input but the last bit with Eastern Europe is rude.
I would welcome all of U in my home land and would like to see you all adapt.
Thank you very much

Don't worry boris your English grammar is better than mine and I went through the London comprehensive system of the 80s:D....but like you I can think talk read 3 languages....as for the advert if I was after that type of car then yours would be 1st on the list,had one that was a LHD did not have to pay for advertising and sold it for more than the book price.

:)

Last edited:
From your ebay feedback looks like the Dunlop tyres are second hand bought from ebay, Jan, Feb and March 2012, so that sounds like value for your money

?????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom