Am I being bad ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Derek:I see nothing wrong here......I got back in touch with mine over ten years ago and we're still good friends and still in touch

Reactions: 219
A Senior Engineer once said it quite simply "Never Sh!te on your own doorstep, do it on someone elses" I think says it all...

As others have said (and talking from experience also) I think your playing with fire mate, ask yourself this " Why, would you need to relive memories that are long gone?"

Yer only down the road from me mate, I'll don on a skirt and you can buy my short fat hairies a coffee - saves any hassles "Ah Ding! Ding!" (A. Schwarzenneger) ;);)

I wouldn't necessarily tell the missus - she may react badly and be forever suspicious of you for the sake of a brief coffee and a chat which was no more than that.

You're in a tough position at the moment and the chance to escape your current problems and talk about happier times with someone from your past is obviously appealing and may also prove to be a therapeutic and cathartic experience.

And there are times when we all need some excitement and to enjoy just the possibility that something could happen even though it won't - that little bit of risk, the buzz, the what if, the change of scene.

Spice up your life.......

Wow!!! How would you feel if the boot was on the other foot??

It all comes down to what you are like with women in general; do you have many female friends? If so, I doubt anything untoward will happen because it should be simple to turn the platonic switch on (even in the circumstances).

On a personal level I’m sure I’d be classed as very old fashioned in such matters - other than my friend’s wives, I have no female friends and didn’t do as a youngster either; my wife is my best friend and soul mate and is all I need.

I’d personally recommend not meeting up with the old flame but to be frank not one of us can truly answer the question - only you can know if you’re in the right frame of mind...

Wow!!! How would you feel if the boot was on the other foot??

Why the "Wow" ?

He's considering meeting someone from his past to catch up, talk about old times and briefly escape his current situation and the stresses that it has brought upon him.

No one has suggested that he elope with her.

Why the "Wow" ?

He's considering meeting someone from his past to catch up, talk about old times and briefly escape his current situation and the stresses that it has brought upon him.

No one has suggested that he elope with her.

So why keep it from his wife??

I would include the wife and all meet, you may find that they get on well and a lasting friendship between all of you may develop.

Not volunteering information is not deceit.

We are talking about a blokes wife not one of his pub mates or some herbert in the works canteen and I don’t think his wife would quite see it like that.

As I said, would you like it done to you? You actually didn’t answer my question, you just referred to a post you made.

The tricky part is... if he tells the wife, then this might not go down well. If he doesn't tell, and she somehow finds-out, then it may be difficult to convince her that his intentions were innocent.

We are talking about a blokes wife not one of his pub mates or some herbert in the works canteen and I don’t think his wife would quite see it like that.

We are talking about a bloke who is in a stressful and unhappy period in his life and who may find a bit of comfort in meeting someone he used to know for a coffee, a chat and hour or two's respite from his current situation.

As I said, would you like it done to you? You actually didn’t answer my question, you just referred to a post you made.

No I didn't - I referred to my post when you asked me why he shouldn't tell her.

And in the situation alluded to above, I probably wouldn't let it worry me.

We are talking about a bloke who is in a stressful and unhappy period in his life and who may find a bit of comfort in meeting someone he used to know for a coffee, a chat and hour or two's respite from his current situation.

No I didn't - I referred to my post when you asked me why he shouldn't tell her.

And in the situation alluded to above, I probably wouldn't let it worry me.

I’m out of this one.
OP, good luck with whatever decision you make and sorry for your loss.

Reactions: 219
Sorry to hear about your Mum.

Anyway, at your age I imagine that you have let yourself go a bit so maybe some manscaping is in order before the meeting, i hear that a 'back,sack and crack' waxing is popular with the young 'uns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom