Am I going mad...Warming to one of these...Lexus ES

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
In this crazy world it seems to me as though 95% of people are completely mad. its the new norm.. Fill your boots.....

At least it's not as ungainly as most of their current designs are. It will be reliable of course, but if we all bought a car simply for reliability only, we'd all be driving Toyotas and Hondas wouldn't we?!

What were they thinking when signed off on the design of that front end? It looks like one of those Rorschach Testso_O
However it's a Lexus, so it's probably pretty good. Just park it nose-first every time so your eyes don't hurt when you walk away and look back at it.

I think that is just so ugly, probably one of the ugliest cars in that sector on the road to-day. Don't forget of course that they are mind numbingly boring to drive :rolleyes:

It sounds like I am real anti Lexus but I am not. I had a new iS200 back in the 90's, 98 I think, it was when they first were introduced and I thought I was the mutts nuts in that but it was a new model and there weren't many about in those days. If I remember correctly that steering didn't self centre which was strange. Nice six pot engine though but not bursting with power :)

Marmite time? Lexus themselves introduce it with the line “Prepare for a brave new look”. It’s certain to attract lots of negative comments, mostly from those people who aren’t able to cope with change.

That front end is certainly a bit of a shock, but in truth is it any more alarming than the giant lorry radiator grill stuck on the latest BMW 4 series?

The Lexus will be a lot easier to find that most Mercedes in a crowded car park.

I’m all for individuality, so if the looks are growing on you then I think you should go for it and enjoy it.

Yes. Different certainly gets my 👍

Is it different in the inside too?

I think there's a minor facelift due in April 2022.

That front end is certainly a bit of a shock, but in truth is it any more alarming than the giant lorry radiator grill stuck on the latest BMW 4 series?
That's true, most of the latest BMW series iterations have awful grilles. I'm all for cars having 'presence' but do they have to be so hideous? (IMO)

It reminds me of a catfish, but much better than the new bucktooth BMW grilles which are just the same grill as normal but enlarged. I think it's good they are trying something different, that has to be applauded.

Rumour has it Daniella Westbrook was the muse for the new BMW grilles.

The good thing is as the driver you will be sitting on the inside, the bad thing is you will have look at it from the outside.

Rumour has it Daniella Westbrook was the muse for the new BMW grilles.
I thought it was Mater from Cars?

1630683082079.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom