Am I just being thick? Solicitor's letter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

reflexboy

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350 CDi Sport&SLK250CDi AMG Sport
Hi-I recieved a solicitor's letter in respect of a personally injury claim and he says: 'I will send you the attendance cheque as soon as it is to hand'.....Any idea what an 'attendance cheque' is, as opposed to a normal cheque?

You'd best ask him what he's on about.

My missus is a PI lawyer, and she's never heard of it.

PJ

Anything to do with the benefit -ATTENDANCE ALLOWANCE? on the other hand it might just be a typo error. Best to ask for clarification as suggested

And what's wrong with plain, easy to understand Engrish, Mr solicitor?:D It was the sentance after 'I am pleased to inform you that I have now settled your claim in the sum of £---- in full and final settlement of your claim.' ??

Give them a taste of their own medicine:

"Thank you for your letter informing me of my attendance cheque. I shall be actioning my authorised formation response to you interfrastically (as I'm sure you'll understand my reason for such).

With apologies to Mrs Imadoofus: Solicitor = Word-stretcher (thanks to a Mr C Dickens)

Dunno wot it means but I bet someone, somewhere will get a bill for it? :devil:

John

Hi-I recieved a solicitor's letter in respect of a personally injury claim and he says: 'I will send you the attendance cheque as soon as it is to hand'.....Any idea what an 'attendance cheque' is, as opposed to a normal cheque?

Methinks he/she might have dictated attendant cheque.

Still amounts to absurd nonsensical legal jargon, of course, but if it means they will forward the cheque to you rather than stick in their client account for a few weeks, you got a result. :p

Fantastic-New LCD telly me thinks! :D Many thanks for all your knowledgeable replies. Ta

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom