Am I mad to be thinking about this?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dougal74

Car
Past: 2008 S211 E280CDi A/G Estate, 2000 ML430, 1992 300TE Auto, 1995 E320 Coupe - all gone
Linky
This E270CDi Avantgarde SE Estate looks amazing in the flesh and has worn the miles (216k) very well. Full MB service history. Tell me I'm mad?

Last edited:
IMHO,TOO much money for that mileage,i'm not saying the car's worn out,just that it's worth less money than that.

IMHO,TOO much money for that mileage,i'm not saying the car's worn out,just that it's worth less money than that.
There is always dealers margin to knock off. So assume £6150, you could pay more money for an old shape rust bucket.

That's defiantly a lot of money for that sort of miles, on the positive side for it to of cover that amount of miles in a few years it must of been p and down the country on motor-ways we used to provide them to our directors as company cars and they regularly hit 200,000 miles without much problem.... after which time we sold them cheap

Sounds too much for that many miles even if a 2005 newer shape.

I would rather pay 8K / 9K and have half the miles.

1000 miles a week, every week, since registered is a lot ...

£3500-£4000 max

Plus it's quite possible that it started life as a hire car.

Saw it ! BTW its Renault 12
Sorry Renault12ts thought I was doing you a favor by promoting your status from Renault 12 to 21 but you are probably right there is not much to boast about between a renault12 or a Renault21

Plus it's quite possible that it started life as a hire car.
Dealer and then private owner. I don't think I have ever seen a hire car with that spec...

Maybe a cab.I like the car to be honest and with full service,you can`t go wrong.

If you are serious about this purchase go have a look, make sure it's got a very long service history, try knocking the guy down to a sensible price EDZ649 suggests 3500 to 4000 (sounds like he knows what he is talking about) and above all be prepaired to walk away

If you are serious about this purchase go have a look, make sure it's got a very long service history, try knocking the guy down to a sensible price EDZ649 suggests 3500 to 4000 (sounds like he knows what he is talking about) and above all be prepaired to walk away

Offering £3.5k for a car advertised for £7k might not acheive much...

Its about the right price- even in the current climate its cheap for a 211 esate at that age. If you can I would hold on for 12 months and you will be able to get the same car with half the miles for similar price I think. You could offer 6 grand or nothing and walk away

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom