Am I mad?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looks fun.

If you can live with the fuel costs why not?

That's an awful lot of car for £40K.

I like the silver a lot but I am in Woking and the that car is in Glasgow. That is an 800+ mile round trip!!

I like the silver a lot but I am in Woking and the that car is in Glasgow. That is an 800+ mile round trip!!

The return trip could be fun though.

You're not mad.

I would go for Palladium just because I prefer the colour. The Glasgow dealer will probably deliver it for you.

DO IT!!!! I'm back in home in Glasgow next Wednesday happy to 'test' it for you!!!

Fly up, drive home. What's not to like.

Is Glasgow MB Stratstone? Are there any Stratstone dealers int he South? If there are I'm sure they'd move it within group.

Thanks Guys, the nearest Stratstone is in Wakefield which is a damn site nearer. I will certainly investigate if they will move it there at the very least.

Lennox, are you serious with that offer or just teasing ;)

Do it, it's awesome and the estate is far nicer.

The fuel is not bad at all for what it is. We're on 19mpg over the last 21k

MB Glasgow are w4ankers though.

You really need a ......

8e2e6a4ff0656835632b199891050670.jpg

535d!!!! About to be 395+bhp and 740lbft!!

And 40+ mpg!!!! [emoji13]

You really need a ......

8e2e6a4ff0656835632b199891050670.jpg

535d!!!! About to be 395+bhp and 740lbft!!

And 40+ mpg!!!! [emoji13]
That's going to be a rocket ship

Can you post a warning before putting up a photo of one of those ^^ monstrosities next time please.

Do it, tick it off the list so you have no regrets.

Fuel Consumption
28.3 mpg

Yeh - in reverse :D

Fuel Consumption
28.3 mpg

Yeh - in reverse :D

It's actually achievable.

If you do a lot of motorway, at 70, and take it extremely easy (barely using the turbo) on the non-motorway.

It's not much fun, but achievable.

I got 32mpg on the way home last night, just pottering along in the traffic. My average speed for the trip was 41mph.

I got an average of 25.1 (official average is rated at 25.9) over 17000 miles in the E500. But I always seem to get better results in NA cars.

I can get 25mpg regularly and I've seen 31 on the motorway.

If you look at consumption, don't buy it. It will kill you.

Just spoke to MB Glasgow and they are not going to assist me with regard to the distance issue. When I mentioned it, the response was, "you will just have to make a few visits, once to test drive and once to deliver yours."

That is the end of that line of enquiry!

Anyway, just been to see a nice 10 month old E63 at MB Brooklands and I spoke to the same guy I bought my E250 from a few years back. A much more pleasant experience.

More money than I wanted to pay but it may be worth it in the long run.

https://www.mercedes-benz.net/p/uk/en/used-cars/search?dealerGroup=false&accountID=dairetuk240501&allGsOutletIds=GS0015986&companyId=GC0013455&gsOutletId=GS0015986

Hopefully I can get it sorted for early next week :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom