Am I mad??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aircut666

Car
S124 230TE w123 300D(x2) w123 280E Volvo c30 w123 560TE Project
Hello. I've just bought a partially built w123 560TE!! Can anyone out there offer therapy?

Not that pile of bits that was on Ebay was it ?

Welcome along. Sanity to be left at the log in page!!

Hello. I've just bought a partially built w123 560TE!! Can anyone out there offer therapy?

Hi and welcome to the forum.I take it is that white car you`ve bought?You`re not mad,i was tempted myself ;):thumb:

You're clearly as mad as cheese! However, if you finish the job it'll be fantastic. Good luck!

the man you need to get in touch with is Martyn Ball... he does these exact conversions for a living.

Yep. It's the white one from eBay, now safely delivered to the boys in Ilfracombe. Nigel and Graham are working wonders on it, but there's quite a long way to go yet.

Could be awesome, very best of luck!!! :cool:
Quite a bargain for all those bits, if it all went wrong at least you'd make a profit on the spares!!

That could and I guess WILL be great once you have finished with it....

:) especially keeping the 300TD badges on the back. Post some updates when you can.

All the bits are there but not necessarily in the right order. Engine and gearbox are now in for good, having been in and out like the proverbial. W126 diff. in place. Nigel Martyn Ball will be doing battle with the w126 wiring loom this week, a new battery and, who knows?, we might get it fired up next week. Very exciting! Have got an old 220D badge - I might just use that! Had to make a new crossmember to support radiator, as previous owner had dropped something rather heavy on it. W126 rad and support supplied by Rob and Ade at 3 Pointed Parts. Ta. I'll try to get some pics on next week.

Sound like this is going to be quite some car. As with the others look forward to seeing the photos.

Thanks to (nearly) everyone for their kind words of encouragement. It's good to know that although I'm in the wilderness, I'm not alone.

ps. can you get me Nick Heyward's autograph?:thumb:

i tried, but he told me to whistle down the wind

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom