Am I right about this SL350 please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

6500RPM

Car
Lexus LS430
I am on the hunt for a SL350. I dont want the ABC, and asked the dealer, who said a car I had seen does not have it. In the MOT history it states 'Nearside Front Shock absorber has an excessively worn shock absorber pivot ' but... on one of the images, it has the ABC button on the centre console? So am I right in that this car does indeed have the ABC fitted? ABC.png

Many thanks for the replies. I would not have been happy if I had pursued this further and realised it had it, after I asked and was told no.

ABC rare option on 350

ABC is a far superior and luxurious suspension, you'd notice it in the test drive.

Despite the internet complaints, there's still a significant group who would prefer it.

Try it and form your own opinion. Internet forums will tell you that all old cars are about to collapse into a pile of rust. The stats about cars on the road tell another story.

I've had 2 350 r230s, one with, one without, the one with was brilliant, lovely drive(I wrote it off!)
The one without was a different drive altogether.
Unless you're a racing driver you don't need the ABC.

I had a rear spring snap in the 'normal' one, that isn't a cheap fix (about 300quid)as its a lot of man hours to get to it due to the roof mechanism and other bits.
Don't go thinking the standard set up is the cheaper option

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom