Am I still being penalised for my loyalty?

Spider10

MB Enthusiast
Car
c63 amg w204 now w205 c63
I pay more than double that for my w205 c63 with full nc and limited mileage they just charge what they want it started out at £2500

Seanalf

Car
C200 CDI Sport 4dr
Gents, I posted this on the other thread last month. Companies did rate rises to see how the market moved, some have moved, some haven't. All I can say is use the comparison sites, there are still deals to be had...

I was quoted £142 for my 75 by Esure before I sold it.

As of Jan 1st, insurance is changing. A company cannot offer you a more expensive price for renewal than you would be offered with them as a new customer. This was bought in middle of the year to stop "renewal creep". Still shop around as it only applies to the channel that you bought through, direct or comparison site.

When it comes to rewards on Confused.com, the car wash is the absolute best value for money as it works out at £6pm (IMO car wash), bit better than a £20 Halfords voucher.....

Price reductions are happening now before these changes come into effect in Jan

MB Enthusiast
Car
2009 W204 C180K
My car is not due until August but we recently renewed the house insurance.

Last year with Halifax - £115 this years renewal quote from Halifax was £205 o_O

Went on Compare the market and renewed for £82 with RIAS :)

Even I was surprised with such a low quote so snapped it up before they changed their mind. Cover and excess exactly the same. In spite of the new legislation the insurance market is still crazy and you will have to shop around every year the same as before.

OP
OP
T

Teego

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS55 AMG
So my multicar renewal for CLS55 and X-Trail with LV went from £585 to £710.
When I got quoted as a new LV customer it was over £1000!
First shot on comparison sites got it to £596 with separate policies.
Draw your own conclusions, but I'll spend a couple of hours running through all the comparison sites.
Ended up paying £573 with two companies. So £12 less than last year.

OP
OP
T

Teego

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS55 AMG
I pay more than double that for my w205 c63 with full nc and limited mileage they just charge what they want it started out at £2500
But you are a special case Mick. See you at a PL meet this year?

Spider10

MB Enthusiast
Car
c63 amg w204 now w205 c63
Yes I'll be there 😀 (the wife calls me a special case aswell)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom