Amazing Callander pyramid in mexico

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mayans were not all that clever, considering their ruins are circa only 800 years old. Compared to the Egyptians doing their bits 4500 years ago :D

Not sure what the OP means by 'Callander'.

Having been to Chichén Itzá I can heartily recommend it. Very impressive

Think he means 'calendar' (i.e. tells the equinox)
Definitely no pyramids in Callander, I've been there.
Good chip shop though.

Mayans were not all that clever, considering their ruins are circa only 800 years old. Compared to the Egyptians doing their bits 4500 years ago :D

There's something magical about those structures wherever they are and whenever they were built. I stumbled across the ancient ruins of the stepped pyramids of Saqqara as a lad 35 years ago - almost untouched save the disturbances from the Victorian era excavations. No guards protecting the place and I could have walked off with anything - which I didn't. On Fridays (I was stationed in Helwan south of Cairo), we'd hire horses and ride around the pyramids at Giza in Cairo, picking mangos off the trees. A different world and one, despite all my surroundings, I miss desperately.

There's something magical about those structures wherever they are and whenever they were built. I stumbled across the ancient ruins of the stepped pyramids of Saqqara as a lad 35 years ago - almost untouched save the disturbances from the Victorian era excavations. No guards protecting the place and I could have walked off with anything - which I didn't. On Fridays (I was stationed in Helwan south of Cairo), we'd hire horses and ride around the pyramids at Giza in Cairo, picking mangos off the trees. A different world and one, despite all my surroundings, I miss desperately.

Egyptians, brilliant, have you seen the pyramid they built in Las Vegas?

If you take the three larger pyramids at Giza as a physical representation of the starts of Orion's belt then the stepped pyramid at Saqqara fits perfectly with the location of one of the four bright surrounding stars of Orion's belt - as does the red pyramid at Dahshur.

How they got them aligned north south so accurately and centered at the center of the worlds land mass is hard to understand.

Egyptians, brilliant, have you seen the pyramid they built in Las Vegas?

Vegas has never appealed to me Jonesy - probably because I'm not into gambling.

Here's the real thing from 1980.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom