Amazing HD camcorder bargain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chriswt

MB Enthusiast
Car
W203 C320cdi Sport, S-Max 2.0T Titanium Sport, 1974 Triumph Stag (needing restoration)
Yesterday I bought a new Panasonic HDC SD9 for £236 :eek: from Currys/PC World.

The model is discontinued and is now listed as clearance stock at PC world and Currys. Most are display models but I believe that the Hayes store as a brand new boxed one. I think there are about 5 or 6 left for sale!!

He is what the model is going for online:

panasonic hdc sd9 - Google Product Search

I did some recording yesterday and even just using the component leads the playback was amazing. With a proper HDMI lead I bet the picture will be even better.

I hope a few of you manage to bag one because it really is a cheap way into quality high Def camcorder ownership.

P.S you'll need to actually go into a PC world or Currys and ask them to look it up on their computer.

The ex-display models are listed as 'non pristine' on their computers and the first to salesmen I asked didn't want to sell it to me as it seemed like a lot of bother to hunt round the store for the box and all the cables etc.

i sell cameras on fleabay and had one of these and hated it

you need to have a high spec pc to watch the stuff back on your pc

ive currently got 4 cameras and all of them i just remove the SD Card and slip it in the pc and drag n drop and store like that

with this it was a nightmare so sold it a week later

my new samsung wb500 is a compact 10.2mp and takes 720hd videos and is fantastic

i sell cameras on fleabay and had one of these and hated it

you need to have a high spec pc to watch the stuff back on your pc

ive currently got 4 cameras and all of them i just remove the SD Card and slip it in the pc and drag n drop and store like that

with this it was a nightmare so sold it a week later

my new samsung wb500 is a compact 10.2mp and takes 720hd videos and is fantastic

But the Samsung is a camera and the Panasonic is a camcorder!!:confused:

As for playback I like to use a large screen Hi Def LCD rather than my PC.

yes i knew that

ive got a JVC camcorder that is 3 years old and got the panny to replace it

my new pc is hdmi ready as is my sony lcd but i just found it annoying as i like to keep all my pic & vids on the pc and watch with my non hd 22" lcd tv/monitor

looked lovely though

amazon are doing great deals on 8gb SDHC class 2 sandisk cards £9.99 deliverd

Isn't 1080p the best resolution?

I've bought 16GB High speed SD for £16 from play delivered.

I'm looking at these sort of cameras but as usual so many / too much choice.

amazon are doing great deals on 8gb SDHC class 2 sandisk cards £9.99 deliverd

Thanks for that, I think I'll need a few of these cards!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom