Amazing how car pricing is based on.. well nothing!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Boss

MB Enthusiast
Car
private!
Mercedes : BRAND NEW G350 CDI BLUETEC 60 PLATE FIRST DELIVERY!!! RHD

£125,000.. I love the G wagon, but i can not comprehend the numbers!

2335023-1.jpg

As the adage goes... Something is worth what someone is prepared to pay for it.

I can't see £125K in that either, but some people I can I assume.

It's amazing how MB continues to build G-wagens, eventhough the original body and design was made back in 80's...

I do like the look of the G-wagon though - if I won the lottery it would be one of my purchases for sure. I personally prefer the look of it compared to a Range Rover.

shame about the silly red leather...

They were designed in the 70's with the first rolling off the line in 79.

I do like the look of the G-wagon though - if I won the lottery it would be one of my purchases for sure. I personally prefer the look of it compared to a Range Rover.

It is a perfectly balanced 4x4 in my opinion... all the new pussy footing designs which look too curvy and blobby.. This is purposeful and in my eyes almost perfect, but still.. £125,000 .. ouch!

Well, it is based on something: manufacturing costs, retail costs, warranty costs, etc and of course supply and demand.

If that really is the first RHD G-Wagen officially imported into the UK for umpteen years, then it has the supply will will never be shorter or demand greater (relative to it) and so the price is going to be high.

Yes, there are other older models out there, but some people just don't mind spending money, evening if there's a lower cost alternative.

It's amazing how MB continues to build G-wagens, eventhough the original body and design was made back in 80's...

Almost, and I know what you mean, but as Jay points out...

They were designed in the 70's with the first rolling off the line in 79.

And Maga Steyr build them.

:D

Oh. My. God. Somebody please buy it, so it can start to depreciate already!

That's Brooklands, isn't it? What has this guy done, bought one then straight on to Pistonheads to try and make a quick buck? (@ £125k it will hardly be quick I think!)

Just had a quick look at MBUSA. One could get 2 (two) G550 for the price of a single G350 Diesel. I mean, WTF ?

Warning - C63 post in disguise

A diamond is just a piece of rock that was buried in the ground for a few million years. It was dug up by a miner on a $20 USD per week salary, and a more highly skilled person spent a couple of hours polishing it.

The actual cost of manufacture is negligible when considering the sale price.

The diamond's value is based on what people are willing to pay for it. Or, sometimes, kill for it.

Same with cars.

And no, I wouldn't kill anyone for a C63... :wallbash:

Just had a quick look at MBUSA. One could get 2 (two) G550 for the price of a single G350 Diesel. I mean, WTF ?

Well, G55 is more powerful obviously, but a demand for a diesel is almost always higher for literally any car...That's because not everyone has got a cash-printing machine at home.

Well, G55 is more powerful obviously, but a demand for a diesel is almost always higher for literally any car...That's because not everyone has got a cash-printing machine at home.

True. Give me G550 for 1/2 of G350 price and I will use the rest of the cash to fuel it.

PS: G550 != G55

Is there G550 in Europe? I think it's for USA only, because I've only seen G500 and G55 here...

The yanks call our 500's 550's which is actually more acurate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom