Amazing Improvment C63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
that is going to be mental! i have and x-pipe on me e500 and had the rear silencers taken out...could only put up with it for a week and had some smaller silencers fitted.

Well I don't think I can last the week, to say its loud is an understatement I had ear plugs in to drive home and my ears still hurt :wallbash:

SavMan@EC said:
Well I don't think I can last the week, to say its loud is an understatement I had ear plugs in to drive home and my ears still hurt :wallbash:

i found it hilarious for about a mile...then hit the motorway and i think my ears started bleeding!

BenzedUP said:
Guys, just go buy a chavvy Subaru instead of ruining all these lovely AMGs, which sound amazing as standard.

my e500 was way too quite and i felt that it needed modding. made a massive mistake deleting the rear silencers and now the x-pipe/smaller silencers makes it sound much better. if i'm lucky enough to own an AMG one day not sure i would change anything as they do sound incredible standard!

sold the scooby years ago

Guys, just go buy a chavvy Subaru instead of ruining all these lovely AMGs, which sound amazing as standard.

That's my point, I don't want it as loud as *uck doing my head in :fail
BUT.. if my evil plan works it will release some power and just a bit more sound, but NOT nascar :thumb:

So as it is I have the gutted secondary's, and it sounds superb, not a nascar in sight,

Next step is the 200cell primary's and gutted secondary's and acid remap ( more power and a great sound )

Then.. Long tube manifolds with cats, X over, In line silencers, X over and into the std back of the system.

Results to follow :thumb:

That's my point, I don't want it as loud as *uck doing my head in :fail
BUT.. if my evil plan works it will release some power and just a bit more sound, but NOT nascar :thumb:

So as it is I have the gutted secondary's, and it sounds superb, not a nascar in sight,

Next step is the 200cell primary's and gutted secondary's and acid remap ( more power and a great sound )

Then.. Long tube manifolds with cats, X over, In line silencers, X over and into the std back of the system.

Results to follow :thumb:

The long tube manifolds will be a real game changer and will make it really loud, it will probably be a bit trial and error with the "in-line" silencers to get the right sound.
You will need another re-map after installing the Long Tube headers to get the car to run right.

Looking forward to the write up and i dare say a few others will be too to see how you go with this project.

to be honest with you. i have a 507 and a c63 estate 2013 and i got my project carbon conversion done by them! if you want some more details let me know.

to be honest with you. i have a 507 and a c63 estate 2013 and i got my project carbon conversion done by them! if you want some more details let me know.

^ What does this entail?

My c63 is currently in the garage getting secondary cats removed... Hope I don't live to regret it!

Jamier27 said:
My c63 is currently in the garage getting secondary cats removed... Hope I don't live to regret it! dde33

Is that removed or gutted? Gutted wouldn't be an MOT problem, removed may be, unless you have a friendly tester that is.

I'm considering gutting mine and having a remap when I have my LSD fitted the week after next.

paulshep69 said:
Is that removed or gutted? Gutted wouldn't be an MOT problem, removed may be, unless you have a friendly tester that is. I'm considering gutting mine and having a remap when I have my LSD fitted the week after next.

Sorry it's just getting them gutted.
Had it picked up and nice to hear that it's not droney at low revs. But weather and traffic has stopped me opening it up to test the difference where it matters.

paulshep69 said:
Is that removed or gutted? Gutted wouldn't be an MOT problem, removed may be, unless you have a friendly tester that is. I'm considering gutting mine and having a remap when I have my LSD fitted the week after next.

I got an email from you but can't reply for whatever reason and have no messages in my inbox on here.

I got the cats removed by my trustee mechanic here near carlisle so prob no use to you?

Or exchange secondary cat section here in Edinburgh..

A big thanks to Niall @ Originial Fabrications who did a fantastic job of gutting the secondly cats on my original down pipes on my C63 :thumb:

The improvement is HUGE! It transforms the car and more to the point its a nicer sound but not too loud but a great improvement!:bannana:

The car seems to rev a lot better though the car has not been mapped yet,
Next step is original downpipes with 200 cel cats and again the secondary cats gutted and of course a Acid remap!!

H20, was there not a video on here of you blasting up a country road after mods? maybe I'm getting mixed up with another thread! tempted by this now! Are you able to give a rough cost? PM if you like! :thumb:

bi turbo is a very different beast ! we are talking about a £250 upgrade!!

I paid £120 so an even cheaper mod depending on garage.

As I've not drove it at speed yet only low revs I can assure anyone that it won't be droney or chavvy in anyway which was my concern...

Barely noticeable when tootling about in comfort....
Look forward to trying it out on the PH meet on Sunday

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom