Amazing W123 300TD Photos

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chilsta

Car
'94 S124 E300D
I tried a search and couldn't find mention of this having been posted before. One man's travels round the world with his W123.

2884508201_3a50da829e.jpg

Check out the whole set.

From 300td.org

Some fantastic pictures ,what a great trip ! Would you do it in the 124 , would be interesting what he repaired along the way

Not supprised. W123 one of the most durable Mercs.

W123's were the best cars MB ever made... If they had put a V8 in it, I would have just bough 8 of them and be done with it.

This is possibly the most enlightening threads i have read.. such an good start to the day :)

Think the secret would be --lots of filters and oil renewal ---changed often-- says in one caption he used 3 air filters in total. The other secret is its a diesel! What lots of folks don't realise is that the red dust you see in many of these photos contains large amounts of iron which can cause havoc if it gets into the distributor for example by causing excessive wear and electrical shorts. Despite the car being "old" by western European standards its engineering development level is probably more suited to fuel and oil quality and motoring conditions found in 3rd world countries. Doesn't mention a sump guard but I would wager that was one option that was deffo fitted- if the lower front panel evidence is anything to go by! Great pics thanks for posting the link.

done on veg oil too :rock:

That's so very cool. Wish I had the ability to do something like that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom