Amazon and Visa

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

st13phil

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
His - Denim Blue A220 AMG Line Premium / Hers - Obsidian Black R172 SLK55
It appears that Amazon's intention to stop accepting Visa credit cards has been shelved. According to an email from Amazon I've just received:
The expected change regarding the use of Visa credit cards on Amazon.co.uk will no longer take place on January 19. We are working closely with Visa on a potential solution that will enable customers to continue using their Visa credit cards on Amazon.co.uk. 

Should we make any changes related to Visa credit cards, we will give you advance notice. Until then, you can continue to use Visa credit cards, debit cards, Mastercard, American Express, and Eurocard as you do today.
Good job I managed to bag the £20 voucher for adding a MasterCard credit card to my Amazon account back in November :)

Well good news for those that use Amazon,never used them no intention of doig so,but many people I know do.

Looks like Visa have formally caved in. Email received from Amazon this morning:
We’ve recently reached a global agreement with Visa that allows all customers to continue using their Visa credit cards in our stores. As a result, we will not move forward with our previous plans to stop accepting UK issued Visa credit cards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom