Amazon Echo/Dot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 6183

Has anyone bought one of these?

I'm thinking of one for the office, playing music and so on.

Has anyone bought one of these?

I'm thinking of one for the office, playing music and so on.

My wife has one, she loves the Alexi feature. Personally I think the sound quality is not that great.

I have a Samsung Bluetooth speaker which sounds a lot better.

My wife has one, she loves the Alexi feature. Personally I think the sound quality is not that great.

I have a Samsung Bluetooth speaker which sounds a lot better.

I was planning on buying the Dot and connecting to my amp so that the neighbours can appreciate it as well.

Haven'y looked into this in depth, but could you not download the Alexa app and bluetooth to a wireless speaker? I know you would need your phone handy but everyone has their phones glued to their hands these days anyway.

I got a second one the other day handy little thing more of a gizmo etc than actually useful news flash thing is handy in the mornings and for the size of it the sound is pretty decent, the reason I bought it originally is in January it will control Sonos too apparently which we have throughout the house. I have to admit lying on the couch telling echo (one of the kids is alexis) to turn the heating up is bloody nice and on sale at 40quid worth a punt imo

ordered one over the weekend, let you know once ive had a play with it over xmas!

I'm thinking that it could be useful in the office.

I have Spotify premium so streaming is meant to be simple, I play the radio all day as well and was going to spent more on a DAB separates unit so if it streams radio OK I will have saved money.

I like the idea of syncing my Calendar and receiving spoken updates.

Does anyone know whether Alexa is heard through the amp/speakers (if connected) rather than the built in speaker?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom