Amazon Parcels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DITTRICH

MB Enthusiast
Car
S205 C200SE & W202 C230K
In the last 3 days, I have started to receive Amazon parcels (including prime) to my address of 20 years, but they are addressed to someone else. I have checked amazon, paypal, bank credit cards and most of the bank debit cards and no-one has been taking funds from me to pay for this stuff. The items are either very low value with one item of moderate value. Parcels just get left outside the apartment. Some courier today tried to deliver something for this person to be signed for but Iwas in this time and I told them the addressee did not live at this address, I did not let the courier into the block, and did not sign for anything. I think it is probably someone incorrectly setting up an address on THEIR amazon account (block of 40+ apartments). I intend to deal only with the courier companies if anyone calls asking for stuff (but I guess if the sender came with a printout of the order, proof they paid for it, and proof of identity... I would hand the stuff over). I have examined the parcels but there are no invoices to give further clues as to the person who sent/paid. The stuff has been set aside in case anyone contacts us. Amazon seem to shove things into parcels without any accompanying documentation. Hopefully the courier will report back a non delivery and the ball will start rolling from there as they will have to contact the sender. The lipstick and kids stickers I can live without. The unopened filter coffee machine looks much more interesting. I am not going to bust a gut to solve someone else's mistake and problem - they put the wrong delivery address into their account. As this is the first time this has ever happened, does anyone have any advice (apart from waiting!).
Cheers,
Les

Have you told Amazon about this. From the delivery details they should be able to identify who placed the orders. Then they can go back to that person and query their info. Could be a simple address error and someone is giving Amazon hell for taking their money and not delivering the goods.

Have you told Amazon about this. From the delivery details they should be able to identify who placed the orders. Then they can go back to that person and query their info. Could be a simple address error and someone is giving Amazon hell for taking their money and not delivsender. Sender
There was a failed delivery today. Courier tells Amazon. Amazon should tell sender or wait for sender to notice. Sender notices and either tries to collect themselves by knocking on my door or Courier company calls and asks for their parcel back. I don't have to do anything. Solving other people's problems is hassle I can minimise by not getting involved.

I used to regularly get correspondence to my home address of 25 years, named to a person whom I never heard of before and was obviously not living in my flat. Calling the sender didn't help, they refused to talk to me due to 'privacy laws' and on each occasion asked that I simply return the letter to them, which I did.

Now, since the Royal Mail went downhill a few years back, we are getting post that is simply addressed to other buildings, which I then either redistribute manually if it's nearby, or chuck it back into the nearest post box if the address is farther than walking distance.

This proved very opportune a couple of years later, when a letter addressed to the person who doesn't live in my flat landed in my house, but this time from a different sender and with the persons actual address. So now I knew where he lived and was able to resolve the issue, which turned-out to be an address mix-up on the sender's computer system.

So chances are that your address is similar in some way to that of the account's owner, and was wringky recorded on the Amazon computer system.

Sounds like, is it called "Brushing" I think?

Low value orders placed by the seller then sent to random customers so that they can do great reveiws.

I frequently receive text messages saying "Your shipment trackingnumber is estimated for delivery by courier between whatevertime". Now I know I havent ordered anything and when checking the trackingnumber for delivery I can see that parcel has been delivered and signed for by a person living in Manchester. When phoning and complaining to the courier to say that I havent received my parcel it turns out that the parcel has been delivered to the correct address but my phone number is assigned to that person by Amazon. I havent bothered to waste my time to contact Amazon about this since I'm sure it would be a pretty futile exercise - I am hoping one day the intended recipient will notice his lack of notifications and correct the problem but shan't hold my breath. As @DITTRICH says " I don't have to do anything. Solving other people's problems is hassle I can minimise by not getting involved".

someone else on here had a similar issue recently.

I havent bothered to waste my time to contact Amazon about this since I'm sure it would be a pretty futile exercise - I am hoping one day the intended recipient will notice his lack of notifications and correct the problem but shan't hold my breath.

Contact Amazon.

Couple of buttons to push. One is nuisance / harrassment. The other is that they are releasing information about a third party to you - once they hae been informed of that then they have a duty of care to their own customer to follow it up.

Yesterday, someone rang the doorbell at an inconvenient time and wanting to collect an Amazon package!
I asked them to come back at an agreed convenient time (without any admission), which is now but they have not arrived yet!
My view, after some research is that this is likely to be an Amazon returns scam where someone orders relatively low value item(s), and amazon allows a refund without a return. Then they try and double dip by collecting the parcels. The reason they do not use their own address to minimise any comeback if they get found out. I bet my address was used as the billing address too for their account and their email. I wonder if they will show up again? I shall be asking to see the amazon invoice(s)and final order details(s) before deciding what to do.
Proof of ID, proof of address (same as banks ask for), but if they put the billing address as my address on their account it is definately fraud.
I shall report back the results. It IS a Romainian surname, so not a good start.
They could be late but I don't hold my breath for nobody.

Sounds very dodgy to me and I have heard of things like this before. If you cooperate now then one day the fraudster will order a high value item and collect it from you leaving you to deal with Amazon for non payment.

I went down to the concierge and met a woman who had got the concierge to call me. She showed me an original passport which had a different surname to the addressee of the parcel and tried to show me a tenancy agreement to prove where she was living (on our development). She said the goods had been ordered by her sister in law (and hence had no documentation on this). The difference in surnames was apparently down to her divorce! She offered to show me a divorce certificate, but since I understand nothing about foreign not apostilled legal documents I declined and suggested that she needed to get the courier company to come back with documentation and collect the parcel back. She was not happy, but since her i.d. did not check out against the addressee and she have no proof she had paid for the order (like an Amazon invoice or final order details - which would show the billing address, delivery address, and payment method, all of which would convince me it was her package). I was shown a tenancy agreement on a 4" smart phone but that is not really acceptable as it was also in the name of her passport details and not the addressee. I shall have to telephone amazon, I fear.
Since she could not prove she was the addressee, nor prove she was the sender, she did not prove legal entitlement to the goods and they were not handed over. The concierge suggested me to return the goods to the courier and I agree.

You will have a job trying to return them to the courior or to Amazon if they are not ordered on your account.
With no paperwork in some instances the courior could actually be Amazon so may complicate matters.

I'd leave them in a cupboard and try and get future deliveries stopped by either a sign on the door (eg "Do not Leave parcels") or watching out for the courier.

I would not give them to any other person unless I knew they were a neighbour and had been for a while.

someone else on here had a similar issue recently.

My issue was slightly different as the parcel actually had my name and address on them, I gave up with amazon total waste of time.

your case sounds like def fraud, I would take parcels to police and hand them in explain situation and next time some one calls tell them they can collect at police station with relevant documentation

In my case no one ever called and I just got rid of them

Tezz

After initiating an amazon online chat session I eventually got passed to a human with a brain. Each time I had to re-explain. Not having the order number or tracking ID resulted in me transcribing all the various shipping bar codes into the chat session. The upshot was that they were not going to come and collect the parcel and told me that I was free to dispose of it how I saw fit even though it was addressed to a third party at my address. I was logged into my Amazon account at the time and they kept trying to ask me about the problem with my LAST order. Hence lots of explaining again and again. Luckily I downloaded the mobile Amazon app and under customer services, you can see a record of the chat from their servers (which on the desktop you can't) so I have a copy paste desktop chat record and the same chat still shows up on the mobile app. I think I am covered and will just wait 3 months.

If it continues you could tape a note to your door/postbox/whatever saying that (insert possible fraud scammers name) doesn't live at this address and if there is anything to be delivered for that person to not bother because you think there is fraud going on and for the item to be returned. The odd courier might read it and take the parcel away.

You will have a job trying to return them to the courior or to Amazon if they are not ordered on your account.
With no paperwork in some instances the courior could actually be Amazon so may complicate matters.

I'd leave them in a cupboard and try and get future deliveries stopped by either a sign on the door (eg "Do not Leave parcels") or watching out for the courier.

I would not give them to any other person unless I knew they were a neighbour and had been for a while.
Leaving a requiest not to leave parcels would be an invitation to remove any left in London! But I take your point. Amazon are generally useless at problem solving.

Leaving a requiest not to leave parcels would be an invitation to remove any left in London! But I take your point. Amazon are generally useless at problem solving.

See your point, I'm thinking my street where we know most folks or their faces.

Amazon can be great as long as you have an order or reference, trouble is you do not have these.
Same would likely happen if you popped along to the police station with these parcels, they would likely conclude that you have not suffered any loss, no crime has been carried out and brush you off.

Think the thing to do is keep what you have in a safe place and try and get any future ones returned at the point they try to get delivered, a big Not At This Address label.

After initiating an amazon online chat session I eventually got passed to a human with a brain.
I don't believe you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom