Amazon Prime

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm probably just a bit slow, but I have noticed that my Amazon Prime membership comes with Amazon instant video for free. Might be of interest to someone.

Amazon.com: Amazon Instant Video: Amazon Instant Video

I used to have Prime but cancelled it before the free trial was up as with the standard service there was a better chance of getting your order. :eek:

I used to have Lovefilm but cancelled it because the streaming was terrible. Nothing to do with my kit as everything else streamed fine. :eek:

So in summary, :eek::eek::eek: :D:D

I have prime and have just cancelled Netflix as I wasnt impressed with the selection of films.

Will give the Prime service a go tonight!

Setup a VPN tunnel to USA and login with Netflix - the choice is far better!

be careful it was in the sunday paper saying that amazon are charging you for the films without telling you,paper says to check your next payment.

Have you noticed that from next year the charge for Prime with the free Kindle downloads and film package will be going up from £49 to £79?

I have no use of the Kindle or film service but do find the Prime service very useflul but I object to being forced to pay for other "benefits" I neither need nor want. I am sure it is not just to get you used tohe additonal packages before the price rise!:rolleyes:

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/ot-off-topic-forums/165092-netflix-lovefilm-blinkbox-3.html

;)

Discussed this topic yesterday.
I signed up to Amazon Prime (30 days free) to see what it is all about.

Cancelled the membership an hour later...

1 - Not as great choice as I hoped for
2 - There were streaming issues, despite 75Mb/s connection
3 - A lot of films are charged over and above your membership, which I though of as p*ss take

Once again, Netflix combined with Unblock-Us gives you access to number of Netflix sites from different countries. That means thousands and thousands of titles for less than £10 a month.

I've been a prime membership for a couple of years now, got my money back in next day deliveries. I was momentarily excited by the prime streaming thing, especially when I saw Bosch was on it as an Amazon original production. However, when I saw the price will be £79 I balked at that. I contacted customer service to ask if there will be an option for not streaming, as I have no interest in paying an extra £30 for a streaming service I will not use.
I tried lovefilm, it was awful, flicking between SD and HD, despite having a 4mb/s cable line and they only requiring 2mb/s. Netflix wasn't much better, but when Netflix became a channel on Tivo it was a no brainer as I could take advantage of the 10mb/s streaming connection.
So with Tivo and Netflix, Prime streaming is pointless and they need to have an opt out or they will find people will just cancel Prime all together.

I wont be renewing prime at £79.

I had lovefilm, and loved it. Had to cancel when Amazon took it over as they stopped doing game rentals (that was my main purpose for it - renting videogames for a week or two).

Similarly, I have prime; but will not be renewing at £79...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom