Amazon scam.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Learn sister ****er in Indian, start all calls with that,
I always have a field day when I get these sort of calls :)

I had a scam phone call on thursday past from carphone warehouse with unbeleivable deals on mobile phones, now since i was enquiring about a new phone at christmas time and wanting a sony phone and them not doing them i said to the guy i was interested in a sony and yes they did them latest phone unlimited data, texts and minutes for £28 a months, my phone provider is £66 for the same deal, so i told him it was a scam and he hung up, they are bastards its all i can say!
I get a few of these every couple on months. I used to politely decline but when they keep pestering me, they get the answer they deserve

Last edited:
I don't know the full answer on 'why are most scam calls from India ?' Here is my (non scientific) two pence worth.

A while back UK businesses (banks in particular) moved call centres to India to save money, over the years the UK public became used to speaking over the phone with someone called 'Jane or Paul' who had a heavy Indian accent whenever they had to speak to their bank

Some complained and banks bought the call centre work back to the UK add to that as time moved on customers used internet baking more the use of call centres in India dwindled, but the people and the Tech were still in place and was put to use in a totally different manner .

Go on YouTube and see some of the work Jim Browning and Pierogi into messing with the minds of these call centres. Intriguing stuff.

The general inference is that they are operating with full knowledge of local police chiefs and (despite much evidence being handed over) arrests are far and few in-between.

The Hindi swear words (suggested in post #9) you could use are common on Pierogi's content , in fact he teaches himself a bit of Hindi so he can understand what is being said in the background as he completely destroys their computers from the comfort of his own home . Jim Brownings content is far more cerebral .

The scale and sophistication of some of the scammer offices is quite something.

No matter what happens to these call centres they just pop back up like a 'Whack a Mole' game .

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This business of scam calls on your mobile phone (or, for that matter, emails) is a worry to me. ATM when wife gets something she is not sure about on her mobile she comes and asks me, but I'm not immortal and she's likely to outlast me, she's also one of these "very hard to teach" women, so how's she going to cope when the inevitable day comes??

My father-in-law, ex-commercial director of multi-national company, and quite tech-savvy, became a nightmare for scam calls. He was usually caught as "it was only a small amount" and he's one of these 'don't sweat the small stuff' kind of people. What was tough to get through to him was it wasn't the amount, it was the handing over of his card details that was the issue. Thankfully, each time it happened they tried to take big amounts and his bank blocked them.

"customers used internet baking more"

I didn't know Greggs delivered!

Lots of good Youtube videos, type in Scam the Scammers, where the tables are turned, some delete all the scammers files
Very entertaining:thumb:

My dear "lady" wife received a scam call last week...at a low moment. She screamed "**** off" at the caller...and he returned the favour adding "white bitch" at the end.

Well they tried it again today.
Unknown caller, "Hello this is Olivia (in thick Indian accent) calling from Amazon."
Click. cut off and blocked.
Bl00dy nuisances.

Had an amusing video call this evening with daughter and SIL, his 70+ year old mother came close to falling for the WhatsApp "this is your son, I dropped my phone down the loo and this is my new phone number" scam. The scammer fooled her as she did not realise that she had given him/her certain details like -" which of my siblings are you??" - "Ross" she posted, so he used that name. She also posted his wife's name and where they currently were, and she did not realise she had given the scammer the info he used to convince her he/she was in fact her son!! A week later MIL is still convinced it was her son she was WhatsApping to, and it's caused all sorts of fun for daughter and SIL - who happens to be a Facebook team leader!! Thankfully no money was lost, although SIL is still trying to convince his mother that is was not him she was chatting to on WhatsApp!!

Not directly related to Amazon scams, but the only scams we were a victim off (so far...) were of the identity theft fruad variety.

There was a period of about one year when someone at the local Royal Mail sorting office (I think) was intercepting the post before it ever got to us, which allowed the scammers to obtain replacement bank cards, driving licences, credit cards, bank PINs, mobile phone simcards, etc etc, without us even knowing knowing about it.

They walked around the area taking cash from ATMs, or walking into bank branches, opening bank accounts and taking out loans, while producing driving license and utility bills in our names.

About 20 properties in our area we're targeted, in our household we suffered 8 different scams over 4 people.

The police and the Royal Mail weren't interested. Eventually it just stopped, I guess the crooked Royal Mail employee got fired in just moved on.

We did get our money back, but it took weeks and months for each fraud. Damn nuisance it was.

Not directly related to Amazon scams, but the only scams we were a victim off (so far...) were of the identity theft fruad variety.

There was a period of about one year when someone at the local Royal Mail sorting office

I just received a message purporting to be from Royal Mail about a delivery tomorrow.

I'm not expecting a delivery tomorrow.

The link on the message to find out more uses the domain 'ryml.me'.

So a scam? Right?

Well as it turn out no it isn't. But I initially assumed that it was. There is a tracking number that turns out to be for an item not due for another week.

The reason I'm even commenting is that big enterprises like Royal Mail and public institutions like HMG don't always help by messing with their own communications.

On what planet is it anything other than crass incompetent stupidity for Royal Mail - knowing that there are phishing scams based on false delivery notifications - to use a non royalmail.com domain like ryml.me on unsolicited communications regarding a delivery?

Agreed , you would have thought a bright mind in the Royal mail would have jumped in at the beginning of the Domain name thing years ago and registered them all .

Obviously not.

Hi , many years ago my mother was constantly pestered by calls that could have originated from India.

These calls continued for many months and she finally cracked the source with good old Sherlock Holmes type work.

It was not a scam but BT continually pestered shareholders to invest more money into the company.

The scammers are getting worse, on recent calls I have received the number shown has been a local number to me, not the usual 02 numbers.

The scammers are getting worse, on recent calls I have received the number shown has been a local number to me, not the usual 02 numbers.

More importantly it means the originator of the call likely has your address details.

More importantly it means the originator of the call likely has your address details.

They only need to match the area code that they decide to use, to that of the number they are calling......

They only need to match the area code that they decide to use, to that of the number they are calling......

They also call mobile numbers ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom