ambient lighting fault

Discussion in 'Interior' started by carnut, Aug 10, 2016.

1. carnut

carnut Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    SL400 & audi A1
    I have 2015 model SL400. There should be 3 ambient lighting settings effectively red, orange, yellow. It only has 2 colours although there are 3 available in the settings. Its a new car and MB cant fix the fault on STAR and have passed it to MB HQ who want pictures!

As its a 80 mile round trip and not life threatening I'm inclined to wait for my first service next year.

Just wondered if anyone else has this fault ( or even knows about the 3 colour available! )

2. richard

richard Authorised Forum Sponsor Authorised Forum Sponsor

Car:
    MY04 SL55, MY18 GLC63s
    Sounds like a software fault. The old colours for ambient were Blue, Yellow and some-other yellow like colour.

I wouldn't do the round trip, but i'd send them photos to send to MB so that they will fix the s/w fault (which will not be fast ...) then they can firmware update the various related controllers, and get them to do COMAND and a map update at the 1st service (you have to ask most dealers to do this ...)

Cheers

Richard

1 person likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    carnut

carnut Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    SL400 & audi A1
    Thanks

I will do that