Ambient lighting query.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

350cls

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E55k AMG Sold / S211 E320 CDI I6 W212 E63 6.2 N/A saloon.
So, as far as I know my car has the one colour, "Amber" ambient lighting that I can adjust through the digital cluster, option 1 being dull in colour 5 being the strongest. It's acceptable its not perfect but just acceptable. Looking at my data card my car doesn't seem to list the 877 Ambience lighting package.

Does anyone know the reason for this.

The reason I've been looking into this is I'm looking to install AMG or MB logo lighting on the bottom of both front doors. The puddle lighting bulbs. I've seen some and kind of like the look they give. Has anyone fitted these and are they just plug and play or do they need to be coded to the car?

Cheers

Tom

The reason I've been looking into this is I'm looking to install AMG or MB logo lighting on the bottom of both front doors. The puddle lighting bulbs. I've seen some and kind of like the look they give. Has anyone fitted these and are they just plug and play or do they need to be coded to the car?

Cheers

Tom
I bought some AMG puddle lights off eBay, fitted them and they were dim and pretty rubbish.
I sent them back and got a refund.

They are plug and play. No coding required.

I bought some AMG puddle lights off eBay, fitted them and they were dim and pretty rubbish.
I sent them back and got a refund.

They are plug and play. No coding required.

We're they a rather poor light output, on some images/videos they look rather good. So wondering if there can be better quality ones out there!

Last edited:
^ No idea Tom. The ones I bought weren't the cheapest.
I think its pot luck if you get decent ones.
I've seen some images where the lighting looks really good.

^ No idea Tom. The ones I bought weren't the cheapest.
I think its pot luck if you get decent ones.
I've seen some images where the lighting looks really good.
This seems to be the case Roger, like you said, some images/ videos seem to really portray a good visible image. Shame as they do look ok if one did receive a decent batch. Oh well, I've seen some on a German car asseriores site and they seem really good. But expensive. Don't want to risk it for little improvement if none at all

Just plug in and play

Had second thoughts on this now. It looks rather naff in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom