ambient lighting : retrofitting to a W203 C class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

popalock

Car
W203 C Class estate C220 CDI
want to install ambient lighting. Anyone already done this? the parts are cheap and it'll make the interior feel a lot more refined at night (was in a new 7 series of a mate of mine which had it and was quite impressed)

I found one retrofit ambient lighting project that I quite like the look of. Am just a bit worried about the brightness (being too harsh) so having a way to tone it down a bit would be good I think, bit like this

thoughts?

Hi,
A couple of questions,
Do you know if ambient light was ever an option on the 203?
Do you have puddle lights in the doors?

yeah, has puddle lights. Don't think ambient lighting was ever an option. But I see space for footwell lighting for sure. Then I'm assuming I can squeeze in something into the main cabin lights and possibly in between the dashboard and glovebox. I'm debating if I should also have a go at putting lights behind the door handles too.

the problem is the interior (ie dashboard & door interior) has a smooth, curved finish, so there isn't really space for trim lighting you see on the new models

I've done the footwell lights and under the RVM and I modded the LEDs with sandpaper to stop the spot light effect. Check my gallery in my signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom