American in Italy ..revenge is a mother

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kasparj

Car
97 Ford F350 Powerstock, chipped
I love the stories on the road rage forum. Got to tell you this one.

A few years back I rented a BMW 318 out of Rome Italy. Got on the Autostrada and gave the car an Italian tune-up. Got the 5 speed blender up to 120 mph and came upon some jack ass in the left lane.

Turned on my left signal, then flashed my lights, no movement to the right. Notice the A.H. was from New York USA driving his nice new Lexus.
I passed him in the right lane, a no-no in Italia and he gives me the finger. Ah the hell with him and drove on.

A few kilomters down the autostrada by one of those Autogrills was a cop car. I pull in and talk to the cop and in my broken Italian explained about the A.H. in the Lexus. He says to me in broken English, "donta U worry".

Frickin Lexus is still in the left lane. I can almost see the driver laughing at me thinking I got pulled over. Cop runs out inthe highway wiith his little wand with the red dot. Pulls over the Lexus.

Cop tells me to stay by the car. He walks up the the Lexus an argument goes on spit is flying on the windsheild from the driver as well as hands flying. Cop comes over to me and says " is thata the muddah". I said yes and ask if I could have a chat with him, he said no but I could yell something from my car. I said " welcome to Italy, you can commence pulling your head out of ass." cop thought it was sort of funny when I translated it to Italian. Had a wonderful business trip after that.

He he a cop when you need one, and one thats willing to listen:D Last time I wanted a cop was when some ass in the left hand lane of a roundabout decided too turn right,Cut me up nearly takeing off my front bumper.The only cop around was on the other side of the roundabout all he saw was me about 2 feet away from the back end of this car and proceded to pull me over and tell me off about my bad driving:mad: At least you had a good laugh.I bet it helps knowing some of the language even if its only broken Italian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom