American Style Fridge Freezers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LTD

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Polo GTi (and a travel pass for the train and subway)
Anyone got one ?

I am looking to buy one of these soon and would be grateful if any of you have one and your thoughts on the model you own and the ones you considered at the time.

I have a favourite in mind but open to your experiences.

I have a Whirlpool. Just avoid. (and the others that contain the same components...)

This mega-thread says why!

UK Whitegoods

We have a big Samsung. It has auto-ice blocks and crushed ice and also filtered-water.

love it. :thumb:

getting up to about 4 years old now and has been faultless.

Last edited:
Samsung here too, does ice cubes but not crushed or cold water, they eat up too much freezer space. Only prob is freezer is VERY narrow, tight squish for Pizzas sometimes! My REAL US fridge freezer is a GE with a freezer on top of the fridge & that is FAB, do think about importing all my white goods from there sometimes...

Kate

Like this Panasonic one but we are also quite taken by the Samsung offerings.

We have a big Samsung. It has auto-ice blocks and crushed ice and also filtered-water.

love it. :thumb:

getting up to about 4 years old now and has been faultless.

Another vote for Samsung ours is exactly the same as the above and getting on for 6 - 7 years old and has been bullet proof, love it plenty of room in both freezer & fridge.Ours is silver and Chrome and takes pride of place in our kitchen.

Another vote for Samsung ours is exactly the same as the above and getting on for 6 - 7 years old and has been bullet proof, love it plenty of room in both freezer & fridge.Ours is silver and Chrome and takes pride of place in our kitchen.
you are must be lucky one ,samsung rs21 there was recall on them ,

Copy paste that into ebay. Samsung for sale with fridge issue. Could be connected.

Another vote here for the Samsung. Crushed ice,cubes and cold water.|Best appliance in the house.

Not sure what model number ours is. What was the recall for anything serious? as we have never been contacted
i am sure it was for rs 20 and 21 have had one or 2 which exploded , one was here in midlands , useing r600 gas which like butuane gas .

Copy paste that into ebay. Samsung for sale with fridge issue. Could be connected.

Cheers for that John, yes that looks like our fridge freezer for sure but we have had no problems with the auto defrost device and it is working perfectly, better cross my fingers now I've said that but glad it's not safety related

Cheers mate

i am sure it was for rs 20 and 21 have had one or 2 which exploded , one was here in midlands , useing r600 gas which like butuane gas .

Oh Sh*t, will have to have a look at what gas is in ours but so far so good, got everything crossed now :eek:

I did think of getting one of these. Do you need a small nuclear power station in the garden to run one and a lottery win to pay for the power used.
We currently have a Hotpoint fridge/freezer in the house. Backed up by a Miele Freezer and a beko fridge in he garage.
Not sure I could convince SWIMBO to ditch the ones in the garage even if we got a "Yank Tank" for the house. Non intended to any Americans reading this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umedc

Oh Sh*t, will have to have a look at what gas is in ours but so far so good, got everything crossed now.

Think Ill stick with what I have got. Thanks for the input guys.

I did think of getting one of these. Do you need a small nuclear power station in the garden to run one and a lottery win to pay for the power used.
We currently have a Hotpoint fridge/freezer in the house. Backed up by a Miele Freezer and a beko fridge in he garage.
Not sure I could convince SWIMBO to ditch the ones in the garage even if we got a "Yank Tank" for the house. Non intended to any Americans reading this.

We got the Yank Tank in the kitchen and a chest freezer (Beko) and my beer fridge (Hotpoint) in the garage. :bannana:

Had an American style fridge/freezer on order a couple of years ago until I cancelled the order... Realised it wouldn't fit in any direction through any doors into the kitchen. They're quite deep, so depending on how your house is built and arranged, watch out for this.

Regards,

The doors can be taken off if it wont fit through the door frame.

The first american style firdge freezer we had was a GE, as it was the only model where you could put your own panels in the doors to match the kitchen units. It broke down twice and was written off earlier this year. I believe GE dont sell them in the UK anymore and from our experience and the repair company they use I wouldnt recommend them.

Since then we have has a Samsung. It is great, quiet and more spacious inside than others we looked it. I would recommend it. Few extended family members all have Samsung american syle too (7yrs+) and have had no problems.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom