American Trucks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Niks

MB Enthusiast
Anyone here have an interest in big American trucks? Kind of like the Kenworth W900L or Peterbilt...

No interest really, but I do recall Chwis Ewbank used to park his huge rig on the meter spaces opposite my flat when he came to stay at Blakes Hotel. Of course, he ignored any parking fine as they didn't have a clamp big enough. Until one, delicious, day, when they bought one especially from the US and I was there to watch as Eubank realised his truck was stuck. I've never seen a monocle pop out so quickly. He had to settle the full back fines to get it released...

No interest really, but I do recall Chwis Ewbank used to park his huge rig on the meter spaces opposite my flat when he came to stay at Blakes Hotel. Of course, he ignored any parking fine as they didn't have a clamp big enough. Until one, delicious, day, when they bought one especially from the US and I was there to watch as Eubank realised his truck was stuck. I've never seen a monocle pop out so quickly. He had to settle the full back fines to get it released...

I was doing a big lead roof in Mount St back in the mid 90's and Eubank's truck was there with a ticket on it. I think the plate was KO1.

I was a fan of BJ and the Bear in the early 80's.

Anyone here have an interest in big American trucks? Kind of like the Kenworth W900L or Peterbilt...

Take a trip down to the Great Dorset Steam Fair - apart from all things steam driven, they have all the great heavy haulage rigs, both UK and American, along with a whole range of other rare and interesting stuff. Well worth a day out with a full steam fun fair to entertain the kids etc while you watch the big toys :)

GDSF - Great Dorset Steam Fair

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom