AMG 17" twin spoke wheels £500

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aka$h

MB Enthusiast
Car
Anything with a 3 Pointed Star!
02.jpg

03.jpg

The pictures above show the style, ive got actual pictures, just trying to find them. They are fitted with 225/45/17 at the front with 7.5x17" wheels. The rear are 245/40/17 with 8.5x17" wheels. I want £500 for them with chrome star centre caps.

These are genuine wheels? What brand/model are the tyres and what condition are the tyres? :)

They are genuine.
The fronts are pirelli P-zero's
The rears, one is a bridgestone and a maragoni

Open to sensible offers on these now, as I really do need the space

aka$h said:
Open to sensible offers on these now, as I really do need the space

Interested in the wheels. are they suitable for the CLK W208? And do you have pics of them you can send me?

please pm or email ASAP

I had them fitted to my w208, click below for some pics
LINK

- Jumping in on someones thread!

I don't think they would fit an R129?

The offset would be probably wrong, and the tyres are definately too small for your car.

HTH,

Will (plus a free bump :D)

Shame :( I have 245 17s on at the moment with contis on them, and they need refurbing I was thinking of moving my contis on to these and then sending my current ones away for a proper refurb job :)

peterchurch said:
Shame :( I have 245 17s on at the moment with contis on them, and they need refurbing I was thinking of moving my contis on to these and then sending my current ones away for a proper refurb job :)

I take it your current 245s are a different profile. ;)

Do you know what the width and offset of your current wheels is. If you have the tyres already, then it obviously saves you some hassle - but as I said before, I am fairly certain that the offset on a R129 SL is different to that of W203 C-class or the SLK pictured. SLK/CLK/W202/W203 etc etc are pretty similar fit-wise IIRC, but I was under the impression the SL was significantly different? :confused:

Good luck, and it would be nice if the fitted, but i'll still bet that they aren't a proper fit. :)

HTH,

Will

Also, have you considered a mobile wheel refurbishment place? I understand if you would prefer to have them sent away and bead blasted etc etc, but possibly worth considering if all else fails?

Or you could try and arrange to get them refurbished whilst you are away for a few days etc?? :)

Will

The problem I have is that the former owner of the car used them as an early form of parking sensor :( but I am now starting to notice rust braking through the wheels in the center, away from the scratched rims. They have a detailed machine finish and I would like to get them refurbed to the same finish, this would meen removing the tyres, striping them, then diamond cuting the new finish then recoating them. So I don't think a mobile guy could do it, but I might be wrong...

I can't seem to find the offset data in the manuals :( ho hum...

peterchurch said:
The problem I have is that the former owner of the car used them as an early form of parking sensor :( but I am now starting to notice rust braking through the wheels in the center, away from the scratched rims. They have a detailed machine finish and I would like to get them refurbed to the same finish, this would meen removing the tyres, striping them, then diamond cuting the new finish then recoating them. So I don't think a mobile guy could do it, but I might be wrong...

I can't seem to find the offset data in the manuals :( ho hum...

Agreed - the best place for your wheels would be a proper refurbishment outlet. My 18" AMGs were refurbished (before I bought them!) to 'As New' condition by a company called Lepsons, who are in Kent.

They do a really good job! As a guide, I recently compared them to a brand new 17" AMG wheel of the same design, and they are indistinguishable in paint colour/finish/polished lip etc. Really good work! :cool:

Perhaps look out for a cheap-ish set of wheels for an SL on ebay? Doesn't really matter what they look like, as long as they are round and come with legal tyres, you could use them for a few days and then flog them afterwards?

Oh, you will find the offset figure stamped on the inside of your existing wheel. ;)

Good Luck, :)

Will

I agree. They did a great job for me too. You can also get a same day service with them. If you pick Monday, you drop off Monday morning and collect Monday evening. This is £50 more I think, but a lot more convenient.

Will said:
My 18" AMGs were refurbished (before I bought them!) to 'As New' condition by a company called Lepsons, who are in Kent.

They do a really good job!
Will

C240Sport97 said:
I agree. They did a great job for me too. You can also get a same day service with them. If you pick Monday, you drop off Monday morning and collect Monday evening. This is £50 more I think, but a lot more convenient.

Sounds like an excellent service - but it'd be a long ol' haul for Peter! ;)

He is in Somerset I think! :eek:

Cheers,

Will

Hi Peter,
These wheels should fit A 98> SL. Ill take them down to a tyres shop and get them fitted to my SL to check if your interested. Send me a pm.
Cheers

this might help Wheel info IF they are the correct offset for my W124 i'm intereted. What condition are the tyres in? where abouts are you located?

If anyones looking for 18's from an SL then i've got some which i'll be selling as part of my continued garage clearout.

NicDale said:
If anyones looking for 18's from an SL then i've got some which i'll be selling as part of my continued garage clearout.
what type and price?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom