AMG 17" wheels, do they fit my W124

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cabriolet kid

Car
1993 W124 Cabriolet, 2007 E320 CDI sports estate
I have been told by MB that AMG monoblock wheels 17 x 7.5 H2 ET42 are NOTsuitable for my E320 W124 cabriolet, can anyone confirm they will fit without snagging and please recommend tyres, both size and make, I am thinking about fitting 225 x 45 Conti 5's to the wheels but would prefer a slightly higher profile if they would fit.

Many thanks,

They don`t know $hit,the alloys will fit and they were optional for 124

PS:Welcome to the forum

Last edited:
Thanks, have you any advice on tyre size or make?

Thanks, have you any advice on tyre size or make?

I`m not much in to tyre makes,sorry :eek:.Anyway they came with 225/45 from factory
You should have no rubbing issues as long as suspention is good
As for the bolts,you can use the ones from your 8 hole alloys

I have the exact same wheels on my estate. They fit perfectly. No rubbing. Tyres are 225/45/17. The ride is not quite as floaty as on the 15s but not that different.

You might just get away with a higher tyre profile but there is not much room to spare - especially if you have mudflaps. Also it would make the speedo less accurate.

Thanks for your responses, apparently AMG advise that spacers are fitted to the wings and travel limiters are fitted to the suspension, any views on the necessity of these mods?

Thanks for your responses, apparently AMG advise that spacers are fitted to the wings and travel limiters are fitted to the suspension, any views on the necessity of these mods?

No,I don`t think they need the front spacers (easy to do anyway).They only advice fitting them when usin AeroI with et28

If your suspention is sound,you`ll have no problems at all

As above. No need for spacers or suspension changes. I had a minor issue with it rubbing on one of the mudflaps in certain coditions. It was nothing to do with the wheels. One of the clips for the mudflap had fallen off so it was not sitting correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom