AMG 18 inch Alloys

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rirhill

Car
Mercedes E350 CDI Estate
Please as I have just bought a Used E320 AG 1998 and it has 18 inch AMG Alloys I find it moves over to the left a lot. Would this be it needs the tracking done or its just the amount of rubber on the road and the camber of the road?
Sorry if this seems a silly question just need to know.

Great Forum by the way can t wait to get to some meeting.
Regards
Ian R-H

Having got a new car 1stly I would check all tyre pressure (look in fuel filler cap)

2ndly I would get all tyres balanced

3rdly I would get the tracking done by a 'proper' place.

If you want to swap with 17's let me know!!

Rirhill,

My 18's do "tramline" allot but thats normal for large rims with fat feet, Like Koolvin says the first thing I would get checked is the tracking as wrongly set tracking will wear those expensive tyres very quickly....
I would guess that you have 225 and 245 profile rubber as i do, but on a normal road if I let go of the wheel it goes straight on.....

Let us know how you get on......

Theres a meet in March, check the Events forum....

Now-a-days there are very very few places that can do tracking well without the new laser machines. make sure you get it done on one of these, when you get the tracking done the 'old-skool' way, it can be a bit hit and miss, and i have known people to come out with there car worse off :crazy:

definately check your pressures first though, easiest, quickest, cheapest fix...;)

Thanks for your help. I bought it from a MB Dealer so could they do the tracking properly?

Thanks
Ian

Yes, Theoretically, they should do a better job than anyone, as they are properly trained and qualified for the specific vehicle.
But due to laziness and blatant disrespect, some dealerships are a bit :crazy: 9 times out of 10, tracking will be done well anyway, no need to fret everyone, im just setting a worst case scenario...;)

Last edited:
Wheelie,

As you may have seen in the General Forum, I've got my eye on a C200 Sport with 17" AMG's, off topic a little so apologies, but do your 18's rub the arches at all?

Vik,

Not at all mate, They are 8.5 x 18 rims with 225/40/18 on the front and 245/40/18 on the back and have never rubbed even four up with adults!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom