AMG 19" wheels discontinued!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dlgh01

Car
CLS 500
Dented the front wheel on my CLS yesterday, on going to main dealer to order a replacement only to be told this wheel has now been discontinued by MB! their solution was to buy 4 new wheels.:mad:
Any ideas where I can pick up a front 19" x 8 1/2" AMG wheel from. (Sterling silver)

Hi and welcome to the forum.It might be a bit easier if you tell us witch style is it as sterling silver does not do much

Front alloy wheels: 19x8.5" ET25
Wheel part number: AMG B66031230
Rear wheel still available (9 1/2")

Thanks for the quick reply. Find it amazing that mercedes discontinue a wheel on a model only a few years old.

Last edited:
Front alloy wheels: 19x8.5" ET25
Wheel part number: AMG B66031230
Rear wheel still available (9 1/2")

Thanks for the quick reply. Find it amazing that mercedes discontinue a wheel on a model only a few years old.

You have staggered 19" AMG'S(as i do on my cls)as Howard says i think the dealer is giving you b.s & trying to sell you a new set.

It is possible they are out of stock in both MK and Germany so might have to go on back order.

How old is the car? MB have a legal obligation to ensure all parts are available for ten years from manufacture/sell. I know they production issues on 19" wheels.

Thanks for the responses, MB Croydon came back today and said the factory have discontinued the 81/2 front wheel in sterling silver but the alternative colour of Titanium silver is almost identical. As I need front and rear on the same side they suggest it will be ok! They have ordered one for me to check.
Sounds very strange to me so went to Alloywheels direct as advised above and ordered the correct wheels and are due onTuesday.

Thanks for the responses, MB Croydon came back today and said the factory have discontinued the 81/2 front wheel in sterling silver but the alternative colour of Titanium silver is almost identical. As I need front and rear on the same side they suggest it will be ok! They have ordered one for me to check.
Sounds very strange to me so went to Alloywheels direct as advised above and ordered the correct wheels and are due onTuesday.

Suggest you call MB customer service in Milton Keynes and they will give you a definitive answer. Sounds like the dealer has got this wrong IMHO.

Suggest you call MB customer service in Milton Keynes and they will give you a definitive answer. Sounds like the dealer has got this wrong IMHO.
^As above,not good customer service.

If there is one avaible in UK, dealer parts department can transfer parts on MBUK expence from dealer to dealer. To me it sounds like they try to sell new set or lazyness. After all CLS is not that old like models before 2000 where they really discontinued production. I bet you will find few showrooms with those on shelf.

See below from alloywheelsdirect! Would appear that MB have stopped manufacture! Apparently the difference is not noticeable so have asked for the wheels to be sent and will compare in the flesh, if ok will accept them if not will take up with customer service.

Apologies for the delay with your order.
It seems as though Mercedes aren’t making the exact colour wheel you have on your car and automatically sent us the new version (Titanium Silver) which is no good!
There is going to be a further delay as we are going to have to find these wheels from dealers in Europe.

Received my new wheels from Alloys direct and the colour difference isnt noticeable in my opinion.
Now need to refurb the two existing wheels that are on the car and all done.
Out of interest Kwik-fit charged me £729 for four new Bridgestones

Attachments

• wheels2.jpg
    wheels2.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 35
  • wheels1.jpg
    wheels1.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 36
  • wheels.jpg
    wheels.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 36

Users who are viewing this thread