AMG A35 Owners Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Does anyone know if the A35 with premium and style packs just creeps in under the £40K tax limit if it’s non-metallic?

Cheers

Does anyone know if the A35 with premium and style packs just creeps in under the £40K tax limit if it’s non-metallic?

Cheers

£39,340 according to the configurator, but £40,585 on the road - I'm not sure which figure is used for tax calcs ?

Y
£39,340 according to the configurator, but £40,585 on the road - I'm not sure which figure is used for tax calcs ?

Yes that’s the problem

I understand that road tax doesn’t count but delivery charges do. It could be down to pennies!

It must be a popular spec. Surely someone has ordered one and knows the answer?

Y

Yes that’s the problem

I understand that road tax doesn’t count but delivery charges do. It could be down to pennies!

It must be a popular spec. Surely someone has ordered one and knows the answer?

So you need to include delivery at £660, but not the RFL at £515 and FRF at £55

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And number plates at £25?

Looks to me like VED value could be bang on £40,000 to the penny !!!

I assume that will trigger the 5 year additional tax of £340.

Shucks :(

I think the £25 for number plates is included in the £660 delivery fee. Looking at my order form, which specifically lists the "VED list price", it's the cost of the car + options + delivery (£660) and nothing else. Roadfund license/First registration fee at £585 is the only other item on the invoice and does not count towards the VED price.

£25 is included in that £660

I think the £25 for number plates is included in the £660 delivery fee. Looking at my order form, which specifically lists the "VED list price", it's the cost of the car + options + delivery (£660) and nothing else. Roadfund license/First registration fee at £585 is the only other item on the invoice and does not count towards the VED price.

Thanks

So 'coincidentally' it does make exactly £40,000 when you add the £660 to the MB quoted list price!

The wording on the Gov dot page states 'over £40,000', so maybe that spec would avoid the extra tax burden by all of 1P.

Trouble is with potential delivery towards the end of June, (not to mention Br**it), who'd bank on the price not being over £40K by the time it's registered.

Thanks

So 'coincidentally' it does make exactly £40,000 when you add the £660 to the MB quoted list price!

The wording on the Gov dot page states 'over £40,000', so maybe that spec would avoid the extra tax burden by all of 1P.

Trouble is with potential delivery towards the end of June, (not to mention Br**it), who'd bank on the price not being over £40K by the time it's registered.

It’s very close to the wire - are prices held for a quarter at a time ? I notice that the APR has crept up to 6.4% but no great shakes with the 3 years free servicing carrying over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gone a little quiet? we had anymore new owners? and more thoughts from those who are starting to put the miles on theirs? and of course, any pics of new rides :)

I’m down at Mercedes world tommo, for my free track day, will have done 1000 miles by end of tommo so can start to push it s not harder .

I’m down at Mercedes world tommo, for my free track day, will have done 1000 miles by end of tommo so can start to push it s not harder .

8a3bac4d08647eae5ab20bce6b676a6d.jpg

Mines currently undergoing 6hrs of TLC by iValet Norfolk. Gtechniq ceramic coating 10 days after taking delivery

I am currently 70 miles away from the magic 1000 target. Looking forward to some proper driving, hoping the exhaust sounds good when I can eventually put it into sport+ and rev it properly.

8a3bac4d08647eae5ab20bce6b676a6d.jpg

Mines currently undergoing 6hrs of TLC by iValet Norfolk. Gtechniq ceramic coating 10 days after taking delivery

Its a great job, I had the Gtechniq ceramic coating applied before I collected mine and I am very glad I did.

It is pretty effortless to keep the car clean, and when it does need a wash a good hosing down gets rid of 90% of the dirt and grime on the car.

That looks great in blue!

Am I the only one who can’t get the configurator to work?

That looks great in blue!

Am I the only one who can’t get the configurator to work?

It’s being updated for the new model year

Car is showing ‘in production ‘ now for a third week [emoji848][emoji15]

Wonders what going on ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

83218a6e7501b6b6b283ddc3768db5cd.jpg

8674b85c12b32930e93547d3ab90489b.jpg

Here’s the finished beast!

I love these pics - makes me want mine more LoL !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom