AMG A35 Owners Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It might have been your stunning car that I saw on the M25 on Sunday evening perhaps.

Thanks, but no it wasn’t me :)

Is that Curborough Kirk88? If so, it's a twisty blighter and hard for anything much bigger than a Caterham Se7en to navigate quickly.

Sure is, a real test for the A35. Got second fastest time of the day out of 20 cars, Westfield was a second quicker, although with a passenger he was a second slower haha.

AMG Dynamics is a recent addition to new AMGs and provides an extra layer of control that affects the handling balance of the car. There are ultimately 4 levels of AMG Dynamics setup - Basic, Advanced, Pro and Masters, which just so happen to be the same progression names that are used for the varying AMG Driving Academy (ADA) course levels. The handling balance and responsiveness of the car will move from secure and stable in BASIC through more neutrality in Advanced to a further shift towards more 'dynamic', adjustable handling in PRO. MASTERS is not available on all the cars, but this mode in RWD and 4Matic+ models particularly allows for a more oversteer-lead agility, but requires ESP to be relaxed via SPORT Handling or ESP OFF settings to feel the full effect of Masters. The alignment to the ADA is not without substance, as Masters might reasonably expect the driver to be able to demonstrate high levels of competency when it comes to rapid peddling..... It's subtle stuff, but worth investigating.

Useful info - thanks :)

Sounds like Advanced or Pro then for the B road blast to work.

What are the options with it? and is it only configureable within individual mode?

Have a look at R1NGA’s excellent post further up.

Maybe someone with their car can answer re. Individual mode ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks, but no it wasn’t me :)

Sure is, a real test for the A35. Got second fastest time of the day out of 20 cars, Westfield was a second quicker, although with a passenger he was a second slower haha.
Have a look at R1NGA’s excellent post further up.

Maybe someone with their car can answer re. Individual mode ?

Implementatio0n across different AMG's varies, but you should be able to set AMG DYNAMICS in Individual Mode. As standard, BASIC is what you get with Dynamic Select in COMFORT, ADVANCED comes with SPORT, PRO with SPORT+ and predictably, MASTERS with RACE, if your car has it. Individual let's you select the combo of choice. Remember that MASTERS requires relaxed ESP or ESP OFF to show itself fully.

Good info cheers.

Does the A35 have a Pro option or is advanced as far as it goes?

Good info cheers.

Does the A35 have a Pro option or is advanced as far as it goes?

Not sure, I'd have to look. But someone on here with one to hand might be able to confirm quickly.

Put my order in for a VW Golf GTI TCR (Pure Grey Reifinitz Wheels Adaptive Suspension Climate Screen and 90% Tints) today with the heritage, styling and likely rarer specification winning the heart and hopefully with the 290 BHP and lighter chassis providing a different but no less enjoyable driving experience than my present R

Did seriously look at the AMG hence here but its many evaluations that go into the choosing of a car, not least the feeling you get as walk up to and drive and as having always wanted a GTI feel this was a now or never time given feel this is likely the best the GTI would be outside of the Clubsport - obviously getaway traction will be an issue but from what understand the TCR puts down the power as well as any FWD performance car and from that point I see everything else as an upside.

Been good being around you guys, obviously have passion for cars like I do, and wish you many enjoyable miles in yours - Will likely return once received and put some miles on and just give a view to how good a decision it feels.

Enjoy your new motor when you get it, they are cracking cars. :D

Put my order in for a VW Golf GTI TCR (Pure Grey Reifinitz Wheels Adaptive Suspension Climate Screen and 90% Tints) today with the heritage, styling and likely rarer specification winning the heart and hopefully with the 290 BHP and lighter chassis providing a different but no less enjoyable driving experience than my present R

Did seriously look at the AMG hence here but its many evaluations that go into the choosing of a car, not least the feeling you get as walk up to and drive and as having always wanted a GTI feel this was a now or never time given feel this is likely the best the GTI would be outside of the Clubsport - obviously getaway traction will be an issue but from what understand the TCR puts down the power as well as any FWD performance car and from that point I see everything else as an upside.

Been good being around you guys, obviously have passion for cars like I do, and wish you many enjoyable miles in yours - Will likely return once received and put some miles on and just give a view to how good a decision it feels.

Please do report back, it was my only real other choice but the A35 won in my case..

Great cars with most respect from a fellow petrolhead.

why the milk bottles got their own thread?

Anyone know how to remove the side (door) mirror caps or know of a DIY?
I want to replace mine with gloss black.
Cheers for any info. :thumb:

Anyone know how to remove the side (door) mirror caps or know of a DIY?
I want to replace mine with gloss black.
Cheers for any info. :thumb:

If they’re anything like VAG ones you need to pop the glass out to gain access to the clips.

I have some photos of a new shape A250 mirror disassembled so should be the same but won’t have access to them until Wednesday.

Has anyone found out that the bonnet is red hot, and I mean red hot, only been out for 30 mins, finished running it in, and had a little play, and was filling it up and saw smoke coming from the bonnet,
Any ideas?

Has anyone found out that the bonnet is red hot, and I mean red hot, only been out for 30 mins, finished running it in, and had a little play, and was filling it up and saw smoke coming from the bonnet,
Any ideas?
bbq time?lol

If they’re anything like VAG ones you need to pop the glass out to gain access to the clips.

I have some photos of a new shape A250 mirror disassembled so should be the same but won’t have access to them until Wednesday.

Cheers Rob. If you can post those photos I would appreciate it :thumb:

bbq time?lol
This is the exact reason I looked for a forum! Just been out in mine for 15mins and the bonnet and front wings are red hot....also, bit of smoke coming from near side front wheel arch....bloody shit myself, thought it was in fire LOL. Only seemed to last a few seconds? Doesn’t seem to be brakes? Anyway, took it back out of the garage and for another 10min drive...bonnet and wings still red hot, but no smoke this time!??? Hoping it’s just cos it’s new???

Any ideas?
This is the exact reason I looked for a forum! Just been out in mine for 15mins and the bonnet and front wings are red hot....also, bit of smoke coming from near side front wheel arch....bloody shit myself, thought it was in fire LOL. Only seemed to last a few seconds? Doesn’t seem to be brakes? Anyway, took it back out of the garage and for another 10min drive...bonnet and wings still red hot, but no smoke this time!??? Hoping it’s just cos it’s new???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom