AMG addiction!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This is my point the M157 can supposedly abiterate the M156 in all aspects. It is the faster car, the numbers show this. Has more torque more hp. It's a newer design. And good on it then very reasons.

But I'll say it again the M156 is a amazing engine design and fact has won awards in its class. Now if I did want to spend thousands to make it faster I could very well do that. But isn't that coming away from the fact the N/A engine is a master class and one would lose that natural workhorse engine feel. I've had the M113k and as amazing and engine it is I prefer the natural acceleration the M156 gives and keeps giving. No delay just pure power all the way to 7.200 rpm. You also have to drive the car it's more driver engaging is the 6.3 lump.

And I will keep saying it until I'm blue in the face. As a stock exhaust tone the M156 sounds less restrictive and more beefy and natural V8 like to the M157 5.5tt. And has been said before the M156 is the exhaust tone most people adhere to out of the two vehicles in question. Did AMG get get the exhaust tone wrong on the 157 probably no but why do many seem to want to alter that very thing.

Both cracking cars I'm not here to step on people's toes I just want to share my thoughts on my particular car.

The both bark and pop and crackle it's just the 156 sounds better for my liking.

If it had been out in 2010, it would have HAHA :rolleyes:
But it wasn't and it never and has never since :dk:.

Noise isn't the be-all and end-all for the M113K or the M157, though...

But 0 to 60 figures are awalys thrown into the equation.

This is my point the M157 can supposedly abiterate the M156 in all aspects. It is the faster car, the numbers show this. Has more torque more hp. It's a newer design. And good on it then very reasons.

But I'll say it again the M156 is a amazing engine design and fact has won awards in its class. Now if I did want to spend thousands to make it faster I could very well do that. But isn't that coming away from the fact the N/A engine is a master class and one would lose that natural workhorse engine feel. I've had the M113k and as amazing and engine it is I prefer the natural acceleration the M156 gives and keeps giving. No delay just pure power all the way to 7.200 rpm. You also have to drive the car it's more driver engaging is the 6.3 lump.

And I will keep saying it until I'm blue in the face. As a stock exhaust tone the M156 sounds less restrictive and more beefy and natural V8 like to the M157 5.5tt. And has been said before the M156 is the exhaust tone most people adhere to out of the two vehicles in question. Did AMG get get the exhaust tone wrong on the 157 probably no but why do many seem to want to alter that very thing.

Both cracking cars I'm not here to step on people's toes I just want to share my thoughts on my particular car.

The both bark and pop and crackle it's just the 156 sounds better for my liking.
There’s no need to say it until you’re blue in the face. I think everyone agrees that the M156 sounds wonderful.

Since you’ve been on the forum you’ve constantly put your point across as too how much you love your car. But in doing so you always seem to want to have a dig at the M157. It comes across to me a bit like you’re trying to justify owning the cheaper model (in time might turn out to be the better buy:dk:) ? Or you just like goading others, but to be honest it’s getting a little boring. It’s just my opinion of what I read from your posts......

Both engines are fantastic. Both sound great. Standard for standard then I’m happy to agree that the M156 sounds better if that keeps you happy.

The M156 won engine of the year in the “performance engine section over 4 litres” in 2010 and that is fantastic. The opposition that year wasn’t great compared to the new engines that appeared in 2011 onwards , with unsurprisingly Ferrari winning the award for most years thereafter and deservedly so (smaller displacement with twin turbos than the M157 and making more power). Other Merc engines have also won various categories over the last 10 years, but it doesn’t make them better or worse than the M156 or M157. There is also a difference between engine noise and exhaust noise, but let’s not go there.

Another thing to remember is that many owners on here bought second hand M113k engined cars instead of the newer M156 simply because they were better value and for many had the added option of being made much faster with a simple and relatively cheap pulley change. It was certainly the case for me when I bought both of my CLS55’s and that’s despite test driving a few M156 63’s. I’ve had a TVR Cerbera 4.5 (actually 2 as had a 4.2 as well), they revved out to 7200rpm and the 4.5 with 420bhp was ballistic, plus sounded better than any AMG (IMO), so “for me” the M156 was an anti climax, similar power in a heavier car that felt much slower and hard work, still an incredible engine, car and noise, but not for me. I needed the supercharger or turbo rush engined cars.....

As has been said many times there really isn’t a bad AMG, I love to see and hear all of them. My current favourites are all from the 90’s!

Enjoy your car for what it is, an awesome AMG........same as all the other owners in this section.

Jules

If I wanted to I could have bought the 157. I didn't want to as you have put it I wanted to experience the N/A 6.3. I've had the M113k and didn't fancy that forced induction that engine provides. I wanted the natural drive this particular engine gives over forced. I have nothing against the M157 and not here to Goode anyone no need to and I'm not a person to push my weight around in any walk of life.

Justify owning the cheaper option, as said I could gone for the More Expensive option had I wished too. I have to justify the engine being as good as it is. Simply due to the bad views that get spread on this very forum. With certain folk not even owning the engine in question. Yes it has to be driven to get the best from it so what it gives a bloody good feeling when sound so. I've been the induction route with the 55 I have a fair idea what the 157 can bring to the party. But as you have cleary said the 156 was not for you. Well like I have stated the 157 wasn't what I was looking for this time around.

For you liking I joined this forum owing a incredible 350cls and I thought the world of that car. It's not only the amg's i talk up. So do your research before you go quoting what I have supposedly said or been negative towards!!!!

Tom

New Year's Resolution: Stop twitting M156 owners. It's like shooting fish in a barrel...

So do your research before you go quoting what I have supposedly said or been negative towards!!!!

Tom

Missed the point. Re read your recent posts and you may see what I mean. It’s not meant as being personal, it’s just my opinion as someone who reads most threads in this section. You have a great car, enjoy it and now you can post pics then put some in the “AMG’s in Picture” thread :thumb:

Happy New Year....

Missed the point. Re read your recent posts and you may see what I mean. It’s not meant as being personal, it’s just my opinion as someone who reads most threads in this section. You have a great car, enjoy it and now you can post pics then put some in the “AMG’s in Picture” thread :thumb:

Happy New Year....

What ever dude what ever lol

It's not meant as being personal but you pull me up on what I have meant to have Said regarding certain engines.
Don't patronise me my friend. I haven't knocked or downed no amg on this forum. You re read my posts and much a different conclusion to your findings.

Happy New year.....also

New Year's Resolution: Stop twitting M156 owners. It's like shooting fish in a barrel...

What is it with you and your dislike towards M156 owners? o_O

New year's resolution: M157 owners stop modding and tuning your cars to make them sound as good as the M156 award winning engine.

If that's what you call a negative towards the M157 then take it as you must lol.

I thought we were all big boys on this forum lol :D:D:eek:

As my link says, numbers aren’t everything. My e36 M3 handled better than my amg does, and was a car you had to engage with, as it had no traction control, ebd, etc.
My c63 has 130bhp and 2 cylinders more, so does it make it the better car? No, it’s different, and takes a different style of driving to enjoy.
Light hearted banter is fun, but please keep it as that.
It’s New Year’s Eve, and us sad sods are on here, so stash the car keys, tart up, call a taxi and go and have a drink and enjoy the end of the year!!!!

What is it with you and your dislike towards M156 owners? o_O

Bang bang...

(It's not 2020 yet...)

(It's not M156 owners I dislike; it's silly M156 owners whose posts give the impression that they think that the M156 is the best engine in the world and always will be. They're not alone, of course; I dislike silly, pretentious people in general.)

Last edited:
Oh, the silly ones, pretentious ones I suppose you get with who own all types of car and particular engines in general:confused:.

It does make me chuckle a car/ engine wins an award of a high regard in the motoring world. Of the very brand that we all have on this forum a love towards but it gets ridiculed for it. And to add insult, there has it if it were made a year later in its production it wouldn't have won nothing, because, (the mighty M157) was built. What stupid assumption that was if made a year later.

It won the award on merit. And good on it for doing so!!!

My god I dread to think what one would do or how they would act if the M157 won such an award!!!

Like I have said in many times I'm not into having the fastest car on the street. Couldn't care less. The car I own is to fast enough for me to be totally honest. I just like the tone mine gives off.

It's like it can't be said the 156 has a better or more substantial exhaust tone to that of the 157. I have never said it's the better car!!!!!

:dk:

Enthusiast
NewIf I wanted to I could have bought the 157. I didn't want to as you have put it I wanted to experience the N/A 6.3. I've had the M113k and didn't fancy that forced induction that engine provides. I wanted the natural drive this particular engine gives over forced. I have nothing against the M157 and not here to Goode anyone no need to and I'm not a person to push my weight around in any walk of life.

Is a 6.2 ....
lol
happy new year!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom