AMG Affalterbach Road Trip 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NEMESIS CLS

Car
W218 CLS63 AMG-S
Evening guys, I thought i'd start his thread as a few have asked for a precis of our road trip to Affalterbach
Just finished packing etc and we are all set for a 5am departure to Folkestone for a 7;20 crossing to Calais. Will then be taking the route as below

View attachment 83617

Car has been given a once over and ready for the hoon!!! Had the new PS4S's fitted yesterday and also the wheels powder coated in satin black by Wheel Works in Crawley - To say the did a good job in an understatement!!! Its made a great difference to the appearence of the car and i also decided to lose the diamond cut edge. Never been a fan of this. A few pics below of Merlin!!!!

Enjoy!

Morning[emoji41]
Just about to board the train. Booked high carriage as it’s nice and wide (and high) as you can see from the mobile meth lab in front[emoji23][emoji23]
a20a4829e4b9c68ec52a8035de06dc95.jpg

More to follow[emoji592][emoji95][emoji95][emoji95][emoji95]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoy yourself Louie and watch those alloys while boarding.

On the train, lovely and wide and alloys intact!!! How appropriate we have pulled up next to this advert
e79df0b8fa5860e057276a76f792df2f.jpg

On the train, lovely and wide and alloys intact!!! How appropriate we have pulled up next to this advert
e79df0b8fa5860e057276a76f792df2f.jpg

I crossed early Saturday morning. I also tend to pay the extra for the higher and wider carriage but I made the fatal mistake of not following the signs and ended up in the massive queue for the ordinary carriage! Got stuck there. Nonetheless, alloys intact too! [emoji23][emoji23] enjoy your trip!

On the train, lovely and wide and alloys intact!!!
If you have any pictures of the extra space given in the high/wide carriages versus your track width they may be good to share for other members and their future travel plans.

If you have any pictures of the extra space given in the high/wide carriages versus your track width they may be good to share for other members and their future travel plans.

Ah bugger. Now in Brugges having a baguette and coffee[emoji507][emoji507]. I’d say there’s at least 18ins either side and the height is large enough to accommodate any car[emoji1531][emoji1531]

Ah bugger. Now in Brugges having a baguette and coffee[emoji507][emoji507]. I’d say there’s at least 18ins either side and the height is large enough to accommodate any car[emoji1531][emoji1531]

The standard carriage is worry you don’t need in a car with a wide track, low profile tyres, and expensive alloy wheels, but there are no such worries in the high carriage.

Sit Rep
Just stopped again for coffee and food in Koblenz.
The drive so far has been excellent as well as the weather. 17* and sunny all the way down. Managed a brief sorte up to 150 but quite a bit of traffic. Averaging around 28mpg which isn’t bad considering I’ve been 80s most of the way[emoji41]
Final stage now as got around 160 miles to go. Will post pics once in Affalterbach as to be honest service stations are all the same[emoji849][emoji849][emoji849]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom