AMG airbox - off a w210 or w208 please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abdul

Car
C63
As above guys, looking for an AMG airbox to fit to my CLK 430, I understand the above will definately fit but I'm not too sure about the C43 airbox, if it does indeed fit then i'd be interested in that too!

Please reply to the thread as I don't have access to the pm facility yet.

Many thanks,
Abdul

Hi,
Unfortunatly I have just sold one to another member on here, but I can tell you they are the same.
If you fit one of these to your CLK you will need to reposition your MAF and possiby replace the first induction pipe off the back of the inlet manifold. The 2 air intake pipes will also have to be fitted that lead out either side of the radiator.

Are you sure? The us guys claim its a straight fit?

Are you sure? The us guys claim its a straight fit?

Hi,
Have a look where your MAF is fitted at the moment, I believe it is fitted above LH bank of cylinders just before the 430s airbox. On the C43 the MAF is fitted right at the back of the inlet manifold, and this is where the airbox connects to.
The two induction pipes need to be fitted as there what draw the cold air in from either side of the radiator.
To confirm the CLK AMG and C43 air boxes are identical.

Hi Andy

Got a feeling the 430's MAS is at the back of the engine. When i had my airbox off the other day the big round inlet was at the back.

Why do you want to put an AMG airbox on it ? The 430 one is much more attractive ...

Last edited:
Why do you want to put an AMG airbox on it ? The 430 one is much more attractive ...
So attractive in fact that I'd rather have the 430 airbox on my 55! IIRC the 430 box has some detail on it where the 55 AMG box is a big, black slab with an AMG badge glued to it. Later boxes/covers were much prettier.

Hi Howard,
I thought it was just before the airbox on yours Howard, I must of been mistaken.
The C43 airbox is meant to be more efficient due to twin air inlets and filters, and is one of the differences between the AMG 430 engine and the standard 430 engine.
There are other differences as well like a higher delivery fuel pump and filter, green top injectors (larger???) and Cams and the ECU mapp.
How much difference the airbox will make on its own without the pumpi, green top injectors and mapp I don,t know.
Have to agree the early 43 & 55 airboxes are horrible things to look at and as Shude says the later ones are far prettier.

I have an airbox.

New filters too.

Make me an offer.

10p ?

The 430 airbox has twin inlets and filters Andy .... just changed mine ....

There is a scoop either side of the radiator that feeds into a filter on each side at the back.

Yep, just checked it is indeed a straight swap along with the intake pipes and the maf is round the back (i found this out when i had to replace the cps - what a b*tch of a job).

I agree the 430s cover is more attractive but my understanding is that the amg box is tweaked and should release a tiny bit of power along with a more aggressive intake sound.

That combined with a map and some exhaust work are the only reasonably cost effective engine mods for my car imo.

Olly i've emailed you.

Thanks for the input gents.

Last edited:
Abdul: Does your car have AMG backbox,if not see eBay section where Howard has posted one

Last edited:
Hey fella thanks for the heads up, i did see that backbox but i really want a box off a newer model with slightly staggered tips!

Thanks for that though mate!!

The staggered tips won't look right on a 208 , the back is too flat. A 209 box won't fit either.

I have a 55 backbox on mine , with hi-flow cats and you wanna hear it. :devil: Louder and more aggresive sounding than Wills CLK55 !

I don't think it will fit. Just trying to advise you so you don't waste your money.

Cheers bud I appreciate that, if they don't fit I'll either mod it to fit if its viable or sell and get a custom system made, the only reason I'm trying to get an amg backbox is because of the amg engraved on the tips lol.

Any shots of your 430's backbox? Have you done any other mods other then the exhaust work?

Looks good, we have the same interior!!

If you don't mind me asking, how much did your respray cost? Were the shuts/bay done? Glass out?

Thanks

Into the shuts and engine bay was done. Glass wasn't taken out.

Have you uploaded any pics since your re-spray Howard? Quite keen to see the finished item, after seeing the "in progress" shots that Nic put up on Facebook.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom