AMG As classics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

215m3

Car
C43 AMG
I have owned a couple of AMG's in the past, a C36 and C43. The C36 was a nice car and always thought about getiting another. Over the last couple of years the prices have started to increase and less becoming available. The C43 seems to be following the same pattern.

My question for discussion is, will all genuine AMG's gain classic status and once they have hit their base price always increase. I know some will always be classic from new, but models like the C32 seem to be more common.

My question for discussion is, will all genuine AMG's gain classic status and once they have hit their base price always increase.

They'll gain classic status by time regardless. As for always increasing I haven't a clue other than to say, I'd buy for pleasure enjoy first and foremost. The worst that can happen is prices stay static. After all spending 5, 10 or 15k on a classic or one that's heading for classic status is not going to be the end of the world not matter what the market does, especially if it's used and enjoyed.

Sticking with the AMG's you've mentioned, my choice would be the C36 above the others.

Anyway and more importantly ;) is there a thread on the net about your M3?

I was using my past cars as examples.

I did have a build thread on the M3, but can't find it. It is 70% finished.

There is no such thing as "classic status" since the term is entirely subjective. One man's "classic car" is another's "old banger". However, a quick trawl through the classic car section on Ebay shows that just about any car over 30 years old is considered a "classic" by some people.

With the exceptions of very rare exotica, all cars depreciate in value, the numbers dwindle and then they start to increase in value again.

Pre merger AMG's sell for good money now, but if I was to buy one with an eye on future investment I'd go for the W202 C36 or a W124 E36 because these were the first real joint effort and a whole cars value can balance on its back story.

There is no such thing as "classic status" since the term is entirely subjective. One man's "classic car" is another's "old banger". However, a quick trawl through the classic car section on Ebay shows that just about any car over 30 years old is considered a "classic" by some people.

With the exceptions of very rare exotica, all cars depreciate in value, the numbers dwindle and then they start to increase in value again.

Exactly, so which of the AMG's of the last 10 years do you think show signs of being in a better position of going up in value again?

Exactly, so which of the AMG's of the last 10 years do you think show signs of being in a better position of going up in value again?

To be honest AMGs are not my thing but if they are less than 10 years old then I would expect the values of most to still be on a downward trajectory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom