AMG badge......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Spoiler? I thought the boot was open!
Quite!
Amazing isn't it - what a badge can deflect attention from.....

Reactions: Ted
Quite!
Amazing isn't it - what a badge can deflect attention from.....

Cocked that up a bit. What I meant was I missed the spoiler. Realise now that the badges reminded me of this:

rockers-leather-jacket-covered-in-studs-patches-and-badges-ton-up-EXF332.jpg

Ted will likely remember the jackets - and where his is.

Weirdest thing though, was a few years after your pic, when everyone had Japanese bikes - the badges were predominately of European bikes. Ossa, Montessa, Bultaco, Laverda, Moto Guzzi, Benelli, Gilera, Zundapp, etc.

Reactions: Ted
Last night I sat down and wrote a Facebook post about "why people find it acceptable to take red tin tool-box that cost £90, stick a £5.00 ebay, Snap-On badge on it and then try and sell it as a Snap-on Tool Box"

Ebay and Facebook selling pages are now bursting with Toolboxes that are cheap knock-off's.

I went to view one last week. The seller was absolutely adamant that it was a Genuine Snap On Box... Hmmmm strange this, as I stood in his hallway waiting to be asked to enter inner sanctum, I could clearly see a pallet of US-Pro Tool boxes in his spare room. My laughter session finished when there, right in ront of on the table was a box Snap-On Plastic Badges and several roles of double sided tape.

Nothing against American-Pro they very good with roller drawers etc. But they lack the quality and feel of Snap-On product. I do hate people who find it OK to rip off anybody and staunchly untruthful in doing so.

Counter that to lovely chap I met in response to a Facebook advert..." Selling tools everything must go". I got there to meet a cracking chap and genuine (no knock odds workshop" We ended up having a whale of time laughing at some of antics he had experienced through eBay. But then I had to ask the question "why are you selling the entire lot? I have MS and cannot work any more so my tools are useless. At that second in time I wanted to reach out and hug him. So I did.

A few Man Tears later and he re-assured me that I had to take what I bought and I should not feel bad about it of his situation.

So I get home loaded to the roof with tools. On the explicit understanding that if he ever needs them he calls me and we work it out over another tub of tea..

Both ends of the spectrum in a short time frame.
me
I have no objection what badge anybody to have on their car. It is their car. Some make me smile and some make laugh, the C180 ///AMG Twin Turbot I saw on the M2 almost had me doing a full on wee in my knickers. Life is just to short guys to worry too much over a tin (plastic) badge ;^)

Well done, there are a lot of shysters out there who would have tried to rip the guy off. My hat off to you Sir.

slightly off thread or post but i guess its the same as seeing a wales emblem on the side of a number plate !! accompanied by the one in the rear window !! who cares which area of the united kingdom you come from ??

i recently had my C250D premium sport plus amg line remapped and sorted all within safety paremeters and goes like the stink especially in sport + mode so leaving the badge on much to the amazement of local boy racers !!!!

slightly off thread or post but i guess its the same as seeing a wales emblem on the side of a number plate !! accompanied by the one in the rear window !! who cares which area of the united kingdom you come from ??
Welsh people?

BTW, you are the one with Hampshire on your forum avatar.

I remember a certain Jeremy clarkson buying a sports car on top gear with a ss badge on the rear. Thought he’d hit the jackpot till he found the receipt for the badge and his car wasn’t what he thought.
Does it matter if an amg badge is on a car that isn’t?
No. If you’re happy with it, then good for you.

i recently had my C250D premium sport plus amg line remapped and sorted all within safety paremeters and goes like the stink especially in sport + mode so leaving the badge on much to the amazement of local boy racers !!!!

Britain is soon to have a remap. Scotland and NI will be deleted and England will have its economy turbocharged. Wales presumably will just continue with 'return to sender' stickers. Don't know what the boot badge will be. United though can be reshuffled to read untied.

Racing boy racers - one step up from kid fiddling.

As I have said on here before, technically if your MB is pre 1996 it can not be an AMG (mine included) That is when AMG sold its remaining shares to Daimler Benz.

AMG tuned cars were first available in the UK through selective dealers as far back as 1980. In Bagshot, not too far from me, was the Duncan Hamilton car showroom, they used to have AMG tuned cars with the body kits etc.
I know the early cars were not actually in agreement or licenced with Mercedes but eventually I think they realised that AMG could make a nice addition to their car range.
At the time I had an AMG brochure from them, at some point when moving house I lost a lot of my early car brochures going right back to the early 70's, was really miffed to lose them all.
The television series Miami Vice was full of the kitted out Mercs, either AMG or Lorinsa etc.

Welsh people?

BTW, you are the one with Hampshire on your forum avatar.
you must be welsh ? ( return to sender lol )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom