AMG badge......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I don't think anyone is fooled by an AMG badge...they just don't care.
It's only us who notice in the first place...and I don't care either.

The guys that stick on the AMG badge do care a lot ;)!

AMG badges for everyone! £10 on fleabay! They even do different coloured ones!! :D:D

It is almost the same as de-badging as it is usually a low end model rather than a sheep in wolf's clothing. I have never seen a de-badged AMG.

I always de badge my cars as i personally think it looks better. Plus helps with the polishing & waxing. You spent all the money on a AMG, why would you hide the fact?

I only have a E350 Sport so didn't mind taking them off. It's a 300bhp 350 so a little wolf in sheep's clothing lol
But if it was a true AMG......noooooo!

I always de badge my cars as i personally think it looks better. Plus helps with the polishing & waxing. You spent all the money on a AMG, why would you hide the fact?

I'd prefer mine debaged -- however would I then be posing as a SL500?

MB have really mixed up the naming recently. Mine - SL400 "AMG Line" - 3.0L engine. Not sure what the 400 represents but I do have AMG body styling, exhaust, wheels AND (whoo hoo) AMG floor mats .:banana:

My wife's B180 has a 1.6 engine.

I recall many years ago when I was living in SA, companies started restricting the 'cc' of company cars people could buy and BMW then started badging their cars with bigger numbers than the actual cc.
They named yours SL400 due to the twin turbos giving it more power and performance than it's predecessor the SL350. SL300 would seem a backward badging step. The AMG (SL63) has a different exhaust the rear tips have a divider making them look like 4x exhausts so yours should appear different.

My daughter was convinced I had an AMG as it was on the mats and wheels and accelerated similar to an AMG and she drives an SLK so knows something about the brand. Still do not see the point in badging AMG on a non AMG and wish it wasn't on the mats and wheels as it causes confusion and I am always having to tell people it's not!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Not grinding the AMG logo off my rims either! :)

I purchased the genuine AMG wheel centres for my AMG logo'd rims, purely because I preferred them to the standard blue laurel wreath that were fitted. I de-badged the rear a while ago, but with upcoming window tints (tomorrow if weather allows) and looking to have my alloys powder coated in a darker colour (possibly satin black or black chrome) I decided to re-fit matte black C250 and CDI badges. Is there anything wrong with how it looked as standard? No. Do I prefer the look of an AMG? Yes. Am I trying to turn my car into an AMG wannabe? I don't think so, but others may have a different opinion, and they are obviously entitled to it :thumb:

I purchased the genuine AMG wheel centres for my AMG logo'd rims, purely because I preferred them to the standard blue laurel wreath that were fitted. I de-badged the rear a while ago, but with upcoming window tints (tomorrow if weather allows) and looking to have my alloys powder coated in a darker colour (possibly satin black or black chrome) I decided to re-fit matte black C250 and CDI badges. Is there anything wrong with how it looked as standard? No. Do I prefer the look of an AMG? Yes. Am I trying to turn my car into an AMG wannabe? I don't think so, but others may have a different opinion, and they are obviously entitled to it :thumb:
Nothing wrong with mods. Doesn't make you a wanna be..... unless you go stick a AMG badge on her lol Jokes!

Not much point be-badging mine :D

24019136942_25bd678fca_z.jpg
DSCF4387 by Notwens, on Flickr

Looking at the dials there you must be chuffed with your 184 BHP?

Made up. :D

It's actually 18.4 though. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom