AMG badge......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have a nice red toolchest and roller cab. Bought them from Machine Mart a couple of years ago, they're really good quality and I'm very pleased with them. Inside there are lots of tools (some of which are Snap-On that I've had since the 70's), but in the main they are a collection of all sorts with lots of them in my possession again since the 70's. I was thinking of putting some Snap-On badges on the toolbox so as to upgrade the toolbox and by inference the rest of the tools inside. They wouldn't actually be Snap-On of course, but they'd be so close nobody would know. After a while, I might even think them as being Snap-On myself...

Last night I sat down and wrote a Facebook post about "why people find it acceptable to take red tin tool-box that cost £90, stick a £5.00 ebay, Snap-On badge on it and then try and sell it as a Snap-on Tool Box"

Ebay and Facebook selling pages are now bursting with Toolboxes that are cheap knock-off's.

I went to view one last week. The seller was absolutely adamant that it was a Genuine Snap On Box... Hmmmm strange this, as I stood in his hallway waiting to be asked to enter inner sanctum, I could clearly see a pallet of US-Pro Tool boxes in his spare room. My laughter session finished when there, right in ront of on the table was a box Snap-On Plastic Badges and several roles of double sided tape.

Nothing against American-Pro they very good with roller drawers etc. But they lack the quality and feel of Snap-On product. I do hate people who find it OK to rip off anybody and staunchly untruthful in doing so.

Counter that to lovely chap I met in response to a Facebook advert..." Selling tools everything must go". I got there to meet a cracking chap and genuine (no knock odds workshop" We ended up having a whale of time laughing at some of antics he had experienced through eBay. But then I had to ask the question "why are you selling the entire lot? I have MS and cannot work any more so my tools are useless. At that second in time I wanted to reach out and hug him. So I did.

A few Man Tears later and he re-assured me that I had to take what I bought and I should not feel bad about it of his situation.

So I get home loaded to the roof with tools. On the explicit understanding that if he ever needs them he calls me and we work it out over another tub of tea..

Both ends of the spectrum in a short time frame.
me
I have no objection what badge anybody to have on their car. It is their car. Some make me smile and some make laugh, the C180 ///AMG Twin Turbot I saw on the M2 almost had me doing a full on wee in my knickers. Life is just to short guys to worry too much over a tin (plastic) badge ;^)

Unless you owned one of the genuine cars they were prised off of.
Ah of course, he doesn't drive an AMG, so he's therefore scum, and has obviously stolen all the badges from other cars. :doh:

Last edited:
I realise I didn't add an emoji, but kind of felt it would be clear that was tongue in cheek. Not sure if your response is similar or not?

Unless you owned one of the genuine cars they were prised off of.
I realise I didn't add an emoji, but kind of felt it would be clear that was tongue in cheek. Not sure if your response is similar or not?
I would say that 99% of this thread has been tongue in cheek! ;):cool::p:D:eek::rolleyes::) Enough emojis?

I have no objection what badge anybody to have on their car. It is their car. Some make me smile and some make laugh, the C180 ///AMG Twin Turbot I saw on the M2 almost had me doing a full on wee in my knickers. Life is just to short guys to worry too much over a tin (plastic) badge ;^)

I agree with what you say however, I think that the bulk of the comments on this thread are more scornful of or amused by wrongly badged cars.

Sadly the fake Snap-On tools chests are just the tip of the ice-berg of theft from large corporations and a lot of is it a lot more organised, and besides ripping off companies it exploits workers in poor countries. e.g. Fake watches, clothing, handbags, perfume etc and yet people go out and buy the stuff, lie about insurance claims etc.

MB quoted me £125 to re badge my E350 CDI...... as mine has been de badged when I bought it.

Today coming of the M2 slip onto main roundabout for Chatham I spotted the rarest of the rare. No pic as I was driving.

A black Merc 4 door *** Brabus - Brabus ***

Yes rarer than rare. I couldn’t hide my excitement.

Wow right in front of my own eyes a BRABUS - BRABUS with the even rarer BRABUS - BRABUS exhaust system. Identified by its twin single tail pipes and extended to allow the driver to use the car as a wheel barrow if needed.

Eat your hearts out folks. A real life BRABUS - BRABUS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So many "one offs" out there sharing our beloved roads! A true privilege for us MB owners!

THEN once you think you seen them all.....AMG mobility scooter?
FB_IMG_1553598543106.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom