Is it OK to put AMG badging on a non-AMG car?

• No. AMG badges are for genuine AMG cars

Votes: 472 75.8%
  • Yes. Fine to add one to any Mercedes

Votes: 32 5.1%
  • Maybe. OK if it has AMG wheels fitted (for example)

Votes: 119 19.1%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You won't fool anyone who knows, and those who don't know don't care... so what's the point in doing it.:dk:

If you spec a car ( say a base model ) but you tick the AMG Bodykit box , and then tick the AMG wheels box , and then the AMG exhaust box ....

When this is being fitted at the factory , do they ( MB ) put an AMG badge on it ?

If not , there's your answer .... if the factory don't call it an AMG , then you shouldn't either ....

My car left the factory this year with 5 MB logos, 3 star logos and 8 AMG logos on it.

What does that say about how MB values the AMG brand? With this direction being taken by the factory, is it any surprise that some MB owners choose to put them on.

Personally, I wouldn't do it, but with MB's liberal use of AMG logos on the inside and outside of their cars, can you criticise people for doing this??

Personally, I wouldn't do it, but with MB's liberal use of AMG logos on the inside and outside of their cars, can you criticise people for doing this??

Very fair point.

I think the bottom line is simple. There's two variants of AMG's. One prior to M-B ownership and the current one.

My view would be that either it has an AMG engine or it doesn't.

Indeed. The original AMG logo didn't have a cam & valve on it for nothing.

My view would be that either it has an AMG engine or it doesn't.

And many would agree with you...but now AMG is a model line rather than a statement of exclusivity and engineering...sad but true,

So......the Weistec modified cars are no longer AMG's so should the badges be taken off?

Where ya bin Chris?

Yes gvm, you haz amg

The problem is models like mine, the CLK Sport comes from the factory with AMG bodykit and wheels with AMG stamp on. They never should have made a diesel AMG and left the AMG name for the real AMG models! Just my opinion.

I have a small AMG badge on each wing that was fitted by the previous owner (I think it says AMG, can't remember). Not too fussed and left them on. Most people don't know the difference anyway!

20140525_133903_resized.jpg

I don't get it how having a set of AMG wheels fitted to a Mercedes should influence the badge decision. I've always changed wheels on all cars I owned (often more than once) so by the same token I could/should have badged them up accordingly: Kleemann, Brabus, AMG, Carlsson, BBS (?). The wheels argument holds no water.

The problem is models like mine, the CLK Sport comes from the factory with AMG bodykit and wheels with AMG stamp on. They never should have made a diesel AMG and left the AMG name for the real AMG models! Just my opinion.

I have a small AMG badge on each wing that was fitted by the previous owner (I think it says AMG, can't remember). Not too fussed and left them on. Most people don't know the difference anyway!

20140525_133903_resized.jpg

eBay special with Times New Roman lettering yuk!

The only badge on the rear of my car is Mercedes star, nothing else. I feel this is sufficient.

PS Some latest models coming up with a whole environmental essay on the back - ridiculous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom