AMG Brake Discs, Calipers & Pads - from SL55

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RattlerRattler

Car
SL 55
AMG brake calipers, discs and pads from a SL55.

I bought these from a forum member - cb1965 - earlier this year to replace my disks and calipers on my SL55, I had worn disks and wanted to paint my calipers and these seemed an ideal way of sorting both out. But these are different to my original disks (mine were the later, floating disks and different calipers on my 2007 SL) but could have swapped for these as they are compatible. But I managed to source some original spec replacement disks from elsewhere, so these disks, calipers and pads are now surplus to requirements.

These may fit other models too, but please check / search - all relevant details are below.

Details;

Calipers: Good overall condition. Functionality wise they are perfect with no sticking pistons etc. The seals are in great order and the plates at either end of the caliper have no corrosion or noticeable wear. Cosmetically they are very good, but not new obviously so there are some light marks consistent with any caliper of this age.

Caliper numbers-

Front: 20.7919.01/20.7919.00
Front carriers: 19.7661.04

Rear: 20.8042.00/20.8042.01

Note that these are Brembo part numbers as the Mercedes numbers are not stamped on Brembo calipers. To find if these fit other cars than the R230 SL you will need to search these part numbers in Google.

The front carriers do unbolt and for some models this caliper is used with a different carrier. Again search in Google or contact Brembo fro fitments.

Discs: New in 2013 these are in excellent order with no measurable wear whatsoever.

Pads: Brand new Mintex pads - boxed, never fitted.

Price: £1100 ovno

These are heavy and would be expensive to post, so collection from Camberley, Surrey is best. I will put these on Ebay shortly but wanted to check interest here first.

amg-brakes-1_zps627c271c.jpg

amg-brakes-2_zps1746c8ed.jpg

amg-brakes-3_zpsec84818b.jpg

amg-brakes-4_zpsd815f433.jpg

amg-brakes-5_zpsf506868f.jpg

amg-brakes-6_zps217dc0a9.jpg

amg-brakes-7_zps55983774.jpg

amg-calipers-8_zpsd8881eb3.jpg

amg-calipers-9_zps84149572.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Tim

Attachments

• amg-brakes-1_zps627c271c.jpg
    amg-brakes-1_zps627c271c.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 67
  • amg-brakes-2_zps1746c8ed.jpg
    amg-brakes-2_zps1746c8ed.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 67
  • amg-brakes-3_zpsec84818b.jpg
    amg-brakes-3_zpsec84818b.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
I'm finally getting round to putting these on Ebay shortly, but please let me know if there's any interest here first.

These may work as an upgrade to your current setup or if you're looking to get your calipers painted as these can either be temporarily fitted - or get these painted and fit instead of your current calipers.

Thanks
Tim

I have received a few offers for these, some stupid ones though, but I've reduced the price, any interest here?

Still got the carbon diffuser for sale for the SL55? I am interested. What's your email? I am new, thus i cant message you!

S477ANL said:
Still got the carbon diffuser for sale for the SL55? I am interested. What's your email? I am new, thus i cant message you!

Please email me on howard.tim ( at ) gmail.com
Thanks

Are the calipers still available..? If so what would you accept for them..?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom