AMG Builders Plate - Request for help from the Colony

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sirpent

Car
CLK320 and 75 Datsun 260z with C32 V6 Conversion
Greetings from the Great Southern Colony.

I own a 2002 CLK320 (My daily driver) but I am also building a project car running a SC 3.2 out of a 2002 C32 AMG sedan.

I'm well aware that AMG didn't place builders plates on that model years motors, however the guys in the State's (Remember the other colony that went rogue in 1776) have been ordering plates via MB dealers there for their pre 2003 C32's.

I'm hoping that someone reading this might be able to assist me by supplying a UK MB dealer my VIN/Engine number and seeing if a plate can be ordered.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

John

Last edited:
Shouldn't be a problem, even ordering from Oz. Just get your local dealer to contact the AMG parts dept?

This post from the AMG Private Lounge..

"Dear ................,

We checked back with the AMG parts department. Your MB dealership should be able to order specific engine builder plaques. Please advice your parts manager to contact our team at [email protected] to order a replacement plaque.

Please let us know if you keep running into issues.

Best regards from Affalterbach,
Your AMG Private Lounge Team"

Shouldn't be a problem, even ordering from Oz. Just get your local dealer to contact the AMG parts dept?"

Apologies, I should have explained

I have attempted to go through a number of Australian MB dealers but get the same response, they cant do it, or are not interested in helping.

The main reason being due to the fact that the engine is out of a U.S. delivered vehicle. I imported the motor out of Seatle in the U.S.

I've tried U.S. dealers via email only to get a response that I should go to an Australian MB dealer as I'm in Australia.

Hoping that someone in the U.K. could do me a favor which I would be happy to return in some way by enquiring via an U.K. MB dealer for me.

Cheers

John

John, I don't mind going to my local dealer and inquiring for you.
Give me your vin #, Year/Month and I'll see what they say.
email me if you prefer not to post your vin at
[email protected]

Looked up the part on MB's EPC and it has the footnote that the part must only be ordered from Mercedes-AMG

Thanks whitenemesis and AMGeed

John, I don't mind going to my local dealer and inquiring for you.
Give me your vin #, Year/Month and I'll see what they say.
email me if you prefer not to post your vin at
[email protected]

I have the VIN with me, however the engine is at another location and I will need to physically go and write it down.

AMGeed, I will send you an email with the VIN and a follow up with the engine number ASAP.

Cheers

John

Thanks whitenemesis and AMGeed

I have the VIN with me, however the engine is at another location and I will need to physically go and write it down.

AMGeed, I will send you an email with the VIN and a follow up with the engine number ASAP.

Cheers

John

Got your email John and replied.
I'll hold off visiting the dealer until you have that engine #.
As Whitenemesis advised, maybe only possible to order from Mercedes -AMG?
If that is the case I'll get the email address from them if I can.

I read WN's info as meaning you had to order it from an MB dealer who then orders it direct from AMG rather than through the usual MB logistics channel.

This is probably why the dealers aren't interested as it's a load of hassle for little or no gain on their part.

Just an update on this topic.

A big thank you to Roger (AMGeed) for the efforts he went to in helping me with this request.

I'm happy to report that with the contact details he provided me, I was able to make direct contact with AMG in Germany and today received a response with the part number for the applicable plaque.

My sincerest thanks to Roger whom I now owe a copious number of beers to.

I will post a pic of the plaque once I receive it.

Cheers

John

As I replied in an email to John, I am somewhat disappointed in the response my local dealer (MB Poole) made in trying to get this part.
I was promised the part's dept guy would contact AMG Germany for the info and he would call me back.
I received no call back and another visit was just as fruitless.
In the end I Googled the contact details for AMG Germany and passed them on.
Whatever, John has the info required to order the part in Australia, so all's well.

As I replied in an email to John, I am not in the slightest bit surprised by the response my local dealer (MB Poole) made in trying to get this part.
I was promised the part's dept guy would contact AMG Germany for the info and he would call me back.
I received no call back and another visit was just as fruitless.

That's more accurate.

:D

My slk230 is due for 500 mile service. Besides having oil, plugs, air filter changing what else needs doing? Thanks

To Mr renault12ts
I m new to this game, a total novice. How to I go about starting a new tread as u suggested. Can u help explain how to do i go about it?

When you click on a category (e.g. 'Parts, Maintenance & Servicing' which will be at the top of the page you are reading now - just below that on the left but above the blue bar which starts the list of threads, you should see a NEW POST button - which, if you are at the top of the page - should sit about halfway down the page.

To Mr renault12ts
I m new to this game, a total novice. How to I go about starting a new tread as u suggested. Can u help explain how to do i go about it?

#1 Go to the top of this page
#2 Click on the sub section "Technical"
#3 Click on the folder "Parts, Maintenance & Servicing"
#4 Click on "New Thread"
#5 Give your thread a topic name.

Cheers

P.S.

While Im on here, I have ordered my Plaque, all up cost is AUS $82.28 or in Sterling - GBP £41

Should be a few weeks away and will post a pic and reveal the builder.

Cheers

John

So, today I finally learnt the identity of my Bast*rd child's father.

The plaque arrived and it builder was Timo Brill, it is no longer an orphan thanks to the efforts and assistance of Roger (AMGeed) to whom I am indebted.

Attached is a pic of the actual plaque :)

Cheers

John

Attachments

• Timo Brill (small).jpg
    Timo Brill (small).jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom